• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tremblant: resorts and night skiing

Kika35

Certified Ski Diva
Well, you're going to find Tremblant much different than Blue. Tremblant is probably 5x the height of Blue and much more challenging. If you're up early, which is the best time, you'll be done by 3. Staying at the Sommet will get you first tracks. Best skiing of the day.

I am not a fan of Blue. In contrast to Tremblant, which has heavenly long runs, skiing at Blue always feels like work. I find the runs too steep and icy. I am very comfortable on black diamonds at Tremblant, but wouldn't even attempt them at Blue.

Really, really, really hoping to check out some Colorado resorts this winter!

Jilly

Staff member
First 2 weeks of March are school vacation in Quebec and some of the colleges are on reading week. So yes holiday time. Not sure about Ontario break, think it's the week after.

LA Coombs

Certified Ski Diva
There are a lot of MA skiers at Sunday River, though it’s around 3 hours from Boston (4 from where I am). But above we were saying even somewhere large like Killington doesn’t have night skiing because it’s so far from a major city, but it is also overrun with New Yorkers on the weekends.. so that doesn’t really hold. Why doesn’t VT have more night skiing? I actually thought I saw recently that there is some law that doesn’t allow it, but I’m not sure how accurate this is. There are also a lot of people from ME and NH who ski at SR. Would be curious to know who does the night skiing. I have heard a lot of parents like it for tiring out the kiddos haha. I haven’t actually ever done it.. I’m not the biggest fan of night skiing due to the lighting, plus it gets darn cold up there at night. I’ll eventually check it out at some point I’m sure.
We night ski at Sunday River a few times a season, typically when we have guests who want to stretch the value of their lift ticket. I always have more fun than I expect. There are zero lines and you can easily do numerous quick loops, sometimes with no one else on the trail. This past Saturday three of us screamed down Dreammaker with not another soul in sight!

newboots

Angel Diva
Night skiing at Bolton Valley, and I think, Cochran's.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have stayed in tour des voyageurs twice and highly recommend it! It’s at the bottom of the village but it’s an easy cabriolet ride up to the gondola and right in front of it too. Love looking out from the balconies watching the cabriolet with a coffee. Very nice accommodations, some with fireplaces, underground parking and you can ski right down to it at the end of the day. I loved not having to drive to the hill each day. I think if you you are not staying right by the gondola it’s better than the other options in the village where you have to walk downhill to the cabriolet or uphill to the gondola. Alternatively we also stayed at a new Hostel this past Xmas called Manitonga - they have private rooms but shared bathrooms. Newly renovated basic accommodations with access to a full kitchen and fun social scene in the evenings.

Jilly

Staff member
Headed up that way perhaps on the 28th. @Jilly where should we stay. I'm seeing a lot sold out. Is that a holiday? Should we pick a different weekend?

I never answered "where to stay". I prefer staying in the village. That way you can park the car and walk to anything. There are lots of Air BnB's, major chain hotels/condos and Les Suites Tremblant is managed by the Intrawest. Tour de Voyageurs, Summit de Neige, Lodge de la Montagne all fall under that management.

What amenities are necessary I guess is the major question. Hot tubs, pools, games room etc....

MissySki

Angel Diva
We night ski at Sunday River a few times a season, typically when we have guests who want to stretch the value of their lift ticket. I always have more fun than I expect. There are zero lines and you can easily do numerous quick loops, sometimes with no one else on the trail. This past Saturday three of us screamed down Dreammaker with not another soul in sight!

It’s so funny, I’ve skied at Sunday River for years, and not once have I tried the night skiing. I’ll have to do it sometime. Really love Dreammaker when you can get it freshly groomed with no one else around!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I second what @nopoleskier said about Summit de Neige. Beautiful rooms, right by the gondola, convenient to everything, great ski lockers, underground parking garage...with an Ikon discount and the exchange rate, I would certainly stay there again...oh yeah, I am staying there again, right before Diva East!

Jilly

Staff member
I second what @nopoleskier said about Summit de Neige. Beautiful rooms, right by the gondola, convenient to everything, great ski lockers, underground parking garage...with an Ikon discount and the exchange rate, I would certainly stay there again...oh yeah, I am staying there again, right before Diva East!

WHAT!!! And you we're going to tell me??

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I thought Mel did! Yes, we will be there from 2/27 - 3/1. Hopefully you will too. We had so much fun when we were there last year, we just had to come again! Could you please request the same kind of bluebird days we had last year?

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
ohhh noooo. i was so looking forward to skiing with you again. ill just have to come back again next year...could be an annual event!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna