• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tremblant: resorts and night skiing

Kika35

Certified Ski Diva
Hi,

I am so excited to have found this site!

I am headed to Tremblant this January and wondering if anyone here has stayed at either the Tours de Voyager or Le Lodge de la Montagne. We usually stay down the road at Le Grande Lodge, and once spent at night at the Marriott ($$$$), which has since spoiled us for staying IN the pedestrian village. My sister in law can get us Le Westin for the friends and family rate and it looks very nice.

The drawback to this resort is how early it closes. Does anyone know of a place nearby with good night skiing?

Thanks very much for any input.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Welcome!
I haven't stayed at those because the village is on a hill they are at the bottom.
We stayed at Sommet des neiges- fully equipped condos walk out to gondola. they are having a 25-30% off rates sale via Tremblants website.
https://www.lessuitestremblant.com/hotels-condos/sommet-des-neiges/ they may have another sale on "black Friday)

@SkiBam @Jilly may have intel on Night skiing. There are SO Many little areas around I'm sure there's some!

A couple of us are going up before going to Diva East at Sunday River (march). Keep posting for 25 posts you'll get into the "Diva only" portion. Maybe we can make some turns together! Have Fun!!

Jilly

Staff member
As soon as I get to a computer with a real keyboard!! Tablets are handy, but...

Jilly

Staff member
OK back.

1. Lodging. I've never stayed at the Tour de Voyageur. SkiBam has. It has all the usual amenities. But it's at the bottom of the village. You need to take the Cabriolet up or walk up hill. The Lodge de la Montagne is 1/2 way up. So you can ski down to the Cabriolet or walk up. I'm just across the road, so it not that bad. Pool and hot tub. BUT - both of these properties are used for any large groups or buses that come in. Especially the Tour de Voyageur can be party city in the hot tub. The Marriot is across the plaza from the Tour de Voyageurs. It has a restaurant attached to it. Not sure if the pool is open in the winter. The Hilton, Sommet de Neige, Fairmont and Les Suites Tremblant, Johannsen and Deslauier are closer to the top and lifts. Also there are lots of Air bnb's. I might be able to help you with where they are. Also if you're an Ikon pass holder there are discounts on lodging with the pass at the Tremblant owned properties.

2. Night skiing. Tremblant is too far away from a major city to do night skiing. But in the lower Laurentians just north of Montreal there are many places. 1 hour south of Tremblant. None on the Ikon pass by the way. Mont Ste Saveur is usually open till 11 on weekends. On the weekends, Tremblant has sliding nights. This is more for kids, but tubing can be fun. There is also tubing in town by the Comfort Inn. If you are on first chair or close, you'll be tired by 3:30. Unless you're used to skiing big mountains.

Let me know the dates, I could be there.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I've only stayed at the Holiday Inn, I think. I don't stay over very often so @Jilly is a much better source of village info than I. As Jilly said, lots of night skiing farther south - St. Sauveur and others in that area. I'm pretty sure I'll be around to meet up with whoever is there.

Kika35

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Welcome!
I haven't stayed at those because the village is on a hill they are at the bottom.
We stayed at Sommet des neiges- fully equipped condos walk out to gondola. they are having a 25-30% off rates sale via Tremblants website.
https://www.lessuitestremblant.com/hotels-condos/sommet-des-neiges/ they may have another sale on "black Friday)

@SkiBam @Jilly may have intel on Night skiing. There are SO Many little areas around I'm sure there's some!

A couple of us are going up before going to Diva East at Sunday River (march). Keep posting for 25 posts you'll get into the "Diva only" portion. Maybe we can make some turns together! Have Fun!!

Thanks so much for the info and the tip about Black Friday. I have never been one to shop on that day, and wouldn't have considered looking for skiing deals. I will hold off on booking anything until then.

Is the "Diva only portion" a subsection of the forum?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Is the "Diva only portion" a subsection of the forum?
Welcome! Glad you found TSD. :smile:

After a few posts (5?) you should see the Getting to Know You section under Divas Only. Scroll down the forums "index" page that shows all the sections and subsections. Creating a Getting To Know You thread for a self-introduction is one easy way to add posts as Divas say "hello." Once you have 25 posts, you'll have access to all the Divas Only sections/threads.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 4.35.11 PM.png

Jilly

Staff member
The Diva's Only is a more private part of the forum. You need 25 posts before you will be able to see it. Also it does not appear without signing in.

Kika35

Certified Ski Diva
OK back.

1. Lodging. I've never stayed at the Tour de Voyageur. SkiBam has. It has all the usual amenities. But it's at the bottom of the village. You need to take the Cabriolet up or walk up hill. The Lodge de la Montagne is 1/2 way up. So you can ski down to the Cabriolet or walk up. I'm just across the road, so it not that bad. Pool and hot tub. BUT - both of these properties are used for any large groups or buses that come in. Especially the Tour de Voyageur can be party city in the hot tub. The Marriot is across the plaza from the Tour de Voyageurs. It has a restaurant attached to it. Not sure if the pool is open in the winter. The Hilton, Sommet de Neige, Fairmont and Les Suites Tremblant, Johannsen and Deslauier are closer to the top and lifts. Also there are lots of Air bnb's. I might be able to help you with where they are. Also if you're an Ikon pass holder there are discounts on lodging with the pass at the Tremblant owned properties.

2. Night skiing. Tremblant is too far away from a major city to do night skiing. But in the lower Laurentians just north of Montreal there are many places. 1 hour south of Tremblant. None on the Ikon pass by the way. Mont Ste Saveur is usually open till 11 on weekends. On the weekends, Tremblant has sliding nights. This is more for kids, but tubing can be fun. There is also tubing in town by the Comfort Inn. If you are on first chair or close, you'll be tired by 3:30. Unless you're used to skiing big mountains.

Let me know the dates, I could be there.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the tip about the large groups. We always do a trip to Le Scandinave when we go to Tremblant and I love the peace and quiet, so will reconsider both The Lodge de la Montagne and Tour de Voyageur.

I am not yet an IKON pass holder, but definitely aspire to be. I'm hoping to be in Colorado in March for work and if so, think it makes sense to get one. Good to know that it comes with discounts for lodging at Tremblant, thanks!

Such a shame that they don't offer night skiing there. I wonder why not. Maybe we'll hit Mont Ste Saveur on our first night, on the way up to Tremblant.

Thanks again for your feedback.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Such a shame that they don't offer night skiing there. I wonder why not. Maybe we'll hit Mont Ste Saveur on our first night, on the way up to Tremblant.
Few destination resorts as large as Tremblant bother to offer night skiing. Even those that do in CO or UT only put lights on a few runs, mostly for the terrain park or beginner kids. Perhaps because they are more interested in folks who stay for a few days than locals who like to get in an hour or two after work.

Mont Ste Saveur is good fun at night. Only been there the one time. It was early season and I was with an intermediate who didn't get to ski that often. She had a ball. I waited inside after an hour or so since the runs are relatively short and I was getting cold.

Jilly

Staff member
Such a shame that they don't offer night skiing there. I wonder why not. Maybe we'll hit Mont Ste Saveur on our first night, on the way up to Tremblant. Thanks again for your feedback.

It's the business model. There really aren't enough people to offer night skiing at Tremblant. They are too far for someone to go up for 4 hours of skiing from Montreal or Ottawa. Also they need all night to groom the mountain properly. This is the biggest mountain in eastern Quebec. And just for comparison...Jay Peak doesn't offer night skiing either. That's what you should be comparing it to. Also does Killington or Whiteface offer night skiing....think not. Same problem too far away from the population to make it work.

Night skiing is big city phenomenon. The population of the area draws the people. Around Montreal there are 7 hills that offer night skiing. Around Toronto more like 15.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Night skiing is big city phenomenon. The population of the area draws the people. Around Montreal there are 7 hills that offer night skiing. Around Toronto more like 15.
There are other reasons to have night skiing outside the northeast.

In the southeast, that often only has a 12-week season, almost all the ski areas have night skiing. At Massanutten 100% of the trails are lit. That means the 8-hour lift ticket could be used from 10:30 to 7:30 for people who don't want to get up early. On holiday weekends, I used to take the kids skiing from 9:00 to 11:30am, then we would have a leisurely lunch at the condo, and return to ski around 3:00 when the lift lines weren't long any more. We would ski into the lights until the kids were finally hungry and tired enough to stop for the day.

Boyne Resorts has night skiing at Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands. However, other midwest night skiing areas are closer to cities. Folks in the midwest can handle extra cold temps after the sun goes down. :wink:

Park City and Snowbird night skiing seems to be mainly for travelers who want to let young kids get in a few more runs in the evening. Park City and Brighton have lights on the terrain park for local season passholders. For Snowbird, I think it's only one green trail. Keystone and Steamboat are destination resorts with a little night skiing, but started relatively recently.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River offers night skiing on North Peak and South Ridge on Friday and Saturday nights for a good portion of the season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sunday River offers night skiing on North Peak and South Ridge on Friday and Saturday nights for a good portion of the season.
Aren't a lot of weekend skiers at Sunday River from the Boston area? Not super close, but still depends a lot on city folks.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Boyne Resorts has night skiing at Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands. However, other midwest night skiing areas are closer to cities.

More than just Boyne has night skiing here.
I figured that but don't know enough about MI/WI/MN locations to know how many that are more than a couple hours away from the big cities have night skiing.

Would you say more than 50% in the region have night skiing?

Jenny

Angel Diva
I figured that but don't know enough about MI/WI/MN locations to know how many that are more than a couple hours away from the big cities have night skiing.

Would you say more than 50% in the region have night skiing?
Well, pretty sure all of the ones I ski at have it. So that would be Bittersweet, Caberfae, Crystal Mountain, both Boyne’s, and Nub's Nob. I would bet Timber Ridge does, too, oh, and Cannonsburg.

Kika35

Certified Ski Diva
It's the business model. There really aren't enough people to offer night skiing at Tremblant. They are too far for someone to go up for 4 hours of skiing from Montreal or Ottawa. Also they need all night to groom the mountain properly. This is the biggest mountain in eastern Quebec. And just for comparison...Jay Peak doesn't offer night skiing either. That's what you should be comparing it to. Also does Killington or Whiteface offer night skiing....think not. Same problem too far away from the population to make it work.

That makes sense. Blue Mountain is the only other resort I’ve been to. My thinking was, if people are headed there for a weeks vacation, it would be nice not to feel you have to get all your skiing in before 3:30.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Aren't a lot of weekend skiers at Sunday River from the Boston area? Not super close, but still depends a lot on city folks.

There are a lot of MA skiers at Sunday River, though it’s around 3 hours from Boston (4 from where I am). But above we were saying even somewhere large like Killington doesn’t have night skiing because it’s so far from a major city, but it is also overrun with New Yorkers on the weekends.. so that doesn’t really hold. Why doesn’t VT have more night skiing? I actually thought I saw recently that there is some law that doesn’t allow it, but I’m not sure how accurate this is. There are also a lot of people from ME and NH who ski at SR. Would be curious to know who does the night skiing. I have heard a lot of parents like it for tiring out the kiddos haha. I haven’t actually ever done it.. I’m not the biggest fan of night skiing due to the lighting, plus it gets darn cold up there at night. I’ll eventually check it out at some point I’m sure.

Jilly

Staff member
Well, you're going to find Tremblant much different than Blue. Tremblant is probably 5x the height of Blue and much more challenging. If you're up early, which is the best time, you'll be done by 3. Staying at the Sommet will get you first tracks. Best skiing of the day.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna