• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tremblant 2015/16

Jilly

Staff member
December 28th - first major snow fall of the year. Definitely have the 30cm they were predicting. This should open more terrain tomorrow. And they were still blowing snow on some runs..

Lmk92

Angel Diva
@Jilly How was the early season last year? We're talking about possibly planning a ski trip in late 2017 or early 2018, and we thought conditions might be better if we go farther north than we usually look. I think Tremblant might be the longest drive any of us are willing to take.

If my memory is serving me, I seem to remember the advice was to take a wait-and-see approach, because we might pay more, but it would be worth not taking a gamble.

In general, based on your experience, how likely would you say we'll be happy with conditions there in late December?

Jilly

Staff member
Like anywhere else it depends on the season. Late December they will try to have as much terrain as possible open. They know people want to ski over the holidays. And it will be busy!! January can be cold, but you're used to that.

I'll be up for opening weekend. The CSIA has an event Dec 6-8 that I'll be attending. Then its the 24hr of Tremblant. Fun weekend, but not a great weekend to ski if conditions are limited.

But the sale goes through late summer/fall. Don't know what Aspen/KSL is going to do.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I'm trying to concentrate on the first week of January, but the kids hate to miss that much school...

I guess we'll just do a wait and see. I hate to book in advance and then find out it's only 30% open. It's a long way to go.

Jilly

Staff member
Right after New Year's is a University/College week. Before the kids go back to school. It can be a little crazy with young adults around the resort. But if you stay out of the pedestrian village you'll be OK. I can find out if it still happening through some of my contacts up there. But it's usually quieter than the holidays.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly