• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tree wells are scary!

MissySki

Angel Diva
The natural progression in ski lessons for me seems to be trees or moguls next. Trees sounds more fun, but I ski alone most of the time ... Bring On the Moguls!

Especially for beginner and intermediate trees, there are often runs that you can duck in and out of from trails. Many are wide open where you can be seen and see the trail or lifts and they are short. I’m okay skiing those alone at my home mountain since I know them well and know I won’t get lost. Plus, the trees I have in mind aren’t ones that cause tree wells because there are no lbs near the ground.

Since trees are often moguls with trees added in, it’s certainly not a bad idea to work on moguls first!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snow in the throat does sound scary! I’ve read that this is how many people end up suffocating in avalanches etc., the snow turns to a block of ice if you don’t get it cleared out. Did you go in head first?

Yeah, basically head first, hence the snow. I was never really in danger, and I don't want to overstate it here in the East. I think the energy you use to get out of the situation is more of an issue, especially if you are far in the BC.

cvana

Certified Ski Diva
I thought of this when I was at Alta last weekend. I always ski the rear sweep (I'm out of luck if I'm the one in trouble!). Anyway, my daughter took a header into some deep stuff and when I got up to her just the end of one ski and a pole was sticking out. Her head was under a foot of fluffy snow. She did not freak out. She knew I was behind her and she could breathe. Still, it took a while for me to dig her out!

judeb

Certified Ski Diva
Horrifying. I always thought drowning would be a nightmarish way to die, but this, being buried alive is worse.

newboots

Angel Diva
Anyway, my daughter took a header into some deep stuff and when I got up to her just the end of one ski and a pole was sticking out. Her head was under a foot of fluffy snow.

I would have been the one freaking out if it were my daughter. Glad you were so well prepared!

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
GAH! Those nice wide groomers are looking pretty good about now

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly