• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Travelling with skis and boots

dove479

Diva in Training
Hi! Just wondered if anyone has used/recommends a service that picks up your skis and boots and ships them to the resort? I'm worried about them getting lost or damaged but it would be so much easier than taking them on trains etc!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Reviving this again as I was just looking into Ship Skis for when I travel. Any issues ever with them? Anybody else here have experience with them?

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have used them. One time I did they sent my skis through FedEx, there was a snowstorm and Fed Ex was delayed so my skis were delayed. Other times it was fine but if/when I do it again I will leave extra time. It is much cheaper than doing UPS at the UPS store. Have not priced out Fed Ex rates. I would recommend taking boots as a carry on in case of delays then you can always rent demo skis.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Try www.shipskis.com

Do not ship your boots. Always carry them. Boots are the most important gear, skis, not so much.
Yup, I always take my boot bag as my carry on! I live in the city and don't have a car so lugging the skis around is a little bit more of a hassle for me haha.

Frankie

Certified Ski Diva
We always take our boots and a carry one with helmet and ski clothes. Brings back memories of our first big ski trip with the family. New to the sport my DH and one daughter drove cross country with all of our gear from NC to Colorado. While my other daughter and I flew once they arrived. Either way it was a bonding experience with our girls. The trip was amazing!

teppaz

Angel Diva
Yup, I always take my boot bag as my carry on! I live in the city and don't have a car so lugging the skis around is a little bit more of a hassle for me haha.
Which city? I’m carless in Brooklyn and just getting to the airport with a ski bag can be an adventure!

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which city? I’m carless in Brooklyn and just getting to the airport with a ski bag can be an adventure!
I’m in Manhattan. And yes always an adventure!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna