• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Travel/Skiing after Covid positive result

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I haven't seen this addressed anywhere, but does anyone know the travel restriction/guidelines if someone has tested positive for Covid a month before their ski reservation date? I tested positive on December 2nd (5 days after my symptoms started) and my reservation is (in Vermont) for January 4th. I doubt I am eligible to get another test before we leave (you have to have symptoms in PA to get tested).

marzNC

Angel Diva
I doubt I am eligible to get another test before we leave (you have to have symptoms in PA to get tested).
Would you be willing to pay for an At Home test? There is info about one in the Covid Forward thread in Divas Only.

I haven't seen anything about what happens related to test-based travel restrictions when someone has recovered from COVID-19. The issue can be that sometimes they will test positive for a while even though they aren't contagious. That was mentioned by another Diva a while back.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I haven't seen this addressed anywhere, but does anyone know the travel restriction/guidelines if someone has tested positive for Covid a month before their ski reservation date? I tested positive on December 2nd (5 days after my symptoms started) and my reservation is (in Vermont) for January 4th. I doubt I am eligible to get another test before we leave (you have to have symptoms in PA to get tested).
Can you contact your MD who can approve you to be tested?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

current, and changing as necessary, requirements in Vermont are a 14 day quarantine or a seven day quarantine with a negative test. All subject to change based on the pandemic and the people who do not seem to want to stop it! Sorry, that slipped out! :rolleyes:

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hope you feel better soon and that your symptoms are and stay mild! I think you should get tested before your trip whether or not it’s required, even if you have to pay for a private test. Considering that regulations can chance at a moment’s notice and that Covid symptoms are fairly unpredictable in how long they hang around, you should look into any and all cancellation policies and backup plans. Best of luck to you!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Thanks everyone!

We've been very fortunate. No hospitalizations, even my husband, who I was sure would not recover if he ever got covid (he has several health issues).

I made sure to book air bnb's that could be cancelled last minute. We're probably just going to do the full quarantine, since we now know how easy it is (when you can work from home!).

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’d personally just do the 2 week quarantine if you can. The CDC guidance has changed on how long to quarantine after symptoms and no longer require negative tests because you can test positive for awhile afterward. If you test you might still be positive and unable to travel even though you aren’t considered contagious anymore.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...#:~:text=If you continue to have,for COVID-19.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I’d personally just do the 2 week quarantine if you can. The CDC guidance has changed on how long to quarantine after symptoms and no longer require negative tests because you can test positive for awhile afterward. If you test you might still be positive and unable to travel even though you aren’t considered contagious anymore.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html#:~:text=If you continue to have,for COVID-19.
Excellent point. Great advice, thanks!

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I started having symptoms the day after Thanksgiving (thankfully we did not have our usual Thanksgiving gathering this year!), And the fever ended that Monday. I was still extremely fatigued and had body aches until Friday. Now it's Monday, and the only symptom left is the loss of taste and smell.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I started having symptoms the day after Thanksgiving (thankfully we did not have our usual Thanksgiving gathering this year!), And the fever ended that Monday. I was still extremely fatigued and had body aches until Friday. Now it's Monday, and the only symptom left is the loss of taste and smell.

Scary. Glad you're feeling better.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Thank you! It really was scary, especially for my husband, who had a heart attack last year and is not in the best of health.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
My son is, regrettably, on day 12 of 14 day quarantine for covid-positive, in CA. His symptoms have been mild - but the loss of smell and taste have annoyed him a great deal. Apparently, that can persist for months : ( He has had to cancel a visit here - just as well, given the CDC advisory that non-essential travel not happen. Sad, though, since it's his b-day and multiple holidays. <sigh> As long as he gets better - and I wish you the same. 285k weren't so lucky....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My son is, regrettably, on day 12 of 14 day quarantine for covid-positive, in CA. His symptoms have been mild - but the loss of smell and taste have annoyed him a great deal. Apparently, that can persist for months : ( He has had to cancel a visit here - just as well, given the CDC advisory that non-essential travel not happen. Sad, though, since it's his b-day and multiple holidays. <sigh> As long as he gets better - and I wish you the same. 285k weren't so lucky....
Isn't your son working in Tahoe?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Was. Not this season. He has given up snow for this season. As have I.
He lives in the Gardnerville, NV, area right now, was in SLT until exposed to the virus - which indeed he got.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly