• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Trapeze!?!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, a few friends and I are going to go to Baltimore in 2 weeks to attend a 2-hour class at Trapeze school.

Has anyone ever done this before?

I'm really excited, I think it's going to be sooo much fun!!

K.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
TRAPEZE SCHOOL?????

You just drop that in there, like it's something people do everyday!!!!

Tell us more --- LOTS more. Like why you're doing it, what you'll be learning, etc. etc.???

Sounds very, very cool!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha, well, it is kinda a random thing.

One of my main non-ski hobbies is rock climbing. A friend of mine who also climbs mentioned that she took a trapeze course once and it was really great. She took it as a means of getting herself used to moving in the air, part of getting her head together for climbing, I think.

Anyway, two of my friends just brought it up the other day and I figured I'd give it a try. It's a 2-hour class on the usual trapeze-y stuff I guess, like swinging from those bars and things.

We're all climbers going so it should be fun, between the three of us we have pretty good core strength, interesting to see how it translates to the trapeze!

Website is here

I will probably post pics from the crazy day!

K.

Love it, Kimmy! :love:

There was an episode on Sex and the City about the Trapeze!
I've always wanted to try it ever since!

Looks like a blast!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I've wanted to try this for YEARS and no one ever wants to go with me. Can't wait to see your pics and hear what you think of it -- maybe it will give me the kick I finally need to just sign up. Yay trapeze school!

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I've wanted to try this also....I can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you're able to get lots of pics.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a high school classmate that did trapeze at Club Med and it was all she could talk about! Keep us posted with how it goes, kimmy!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just gotta see pics of this! I also remember the SITC episode about Carrie doing this (and she did her own stunts for it, BTW - SJP is a little super-jock). Anyone with any decent gymnastics background can usually pull off the easier stuff. Hmmm, that leaves me out.

Have fun and be careful!!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! It'll actually be during my taper week prior to my tri that weekend, so here's to hoping I don't damage myself! I guess thats what the ropes and nets are for though...

K.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK guys, a quick note... just got back from this. It was SO MUCH FUN and totally worth the money... in fact, we had such a good time and did so well that we decided to sign up for another class the same day, so I had 2 straight classes! It was AWESOME! In a bit I'll post a full TR on my blog and some pics and blurbs here.

YAY!

K.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

Trip Report in my blog...

Seriously guys, if you have a chance, DO THIS!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So, so cool! Looks like a fantastic time!

So when do you join Ringling Bros.?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:clap:
Read your blog entry, watched the video clip.
I am WAY SERIOUSLY impressed!!!
Way to GO!

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Thanks for sharing the report (and the video).That looks Awesome. I'm really going to have to put it on my bucket list. I need to see if there is still a place to go in MA.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How fun!! I would totally do this!!:clap:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That does look like fun, but difficult, too. Did it make you feel dizzy?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Surprisingly, no. I didn't get any vertigo and didn't ever feel like I was in that weird freefally place you get when you're on a rollercoaster or something. I thought I'd be alot more scared, but I didn't really have time to think of it, and the net was so comfy to fall on that it didn't freak me out. Also the safety lines and harness and bar all made me feel really safe and 'attached' to things. It wasn't even nearly as scary as taking a good lead fall climbing!

I have a bit of soreness in my muscles though, it's definitely a good ab workout and all in my inner thighs from holding those positions. We got a free third class for doing 2 so I'm excited to go back in a month or so and try and get that Split Catch!!

K.

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey K
One of the instructors there is Brian Mcvickers.Did you meet him? He is currently on the Development team for PSIA. I did aPSIA event with him at Killington 2 years ago.He was a truly nice guy.I was proud to hear that he made the team last year.
This sounds like so much fun!

Terry

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No I didn't meet him unfortunately, but the instructors were such an athletic lot (climbers, triathletes), that I'm not surprised at hearing that a PSIA guy works there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly