• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR Taos Ski Week Jan. 20-25, 2019 with intermediate Divas

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've taken i think 4 one off group lessons at Taos spread out over several years, and I always felt I got much more feedback from those classes and that the instructors spend more time watching you ski. I've been lucky, all of my group lessons were either 1, 2, or 3 students so we got a lot of attention. I
Did you do those lessons mid-week? What month?

I think that taking a one off or a couple days of lessons with different instructors can be very valuable in addition to ski week or in place of if you can't stay a week.
I agree that doing the adult group lessons or a private in addition to Ski Week can be useful.

However, it does depend on the instructor assigned for a group lesson. My first trip to Taos, the schedule for me and Jason was Wed-Wed, so we didn't do a Ski Week. Decided to do a group lesson on Mon morning. Even though there were a lot of instructors at line up, including a schoolmate of mine who is an Examiner (level above Level 3), the two of us were matched up with a young man who was an ex-racer with no PSIA teaching credentials at all. It was his first season teaching and his first season at Taos. He was hired mostly to teach race clinics. Since I was more interested in a guide than a lesson, I didn't ask for a change. Didn't find out his background until the first chairlift ride. His career was cut short by a very bad backcountry accident. Bottom line is that while he was a great skier, and did a few drills with us (nothing new), what he didn't know nearly as well as someone with L3 certification was Movement Analysis. I doubt any L3, or even L2, instructor would've taken us to the double-black bump run that we finished off the lesson with.

I've worked with over a dozen L3 instructors in the last decade, both in the mid-Atlantic and at destination resorts out west. Can honestly say that I've always been happy with the experience, whether I had a personal recommendation for the instructor or not. I've also worked with L2 instructors with 15+ years of experience. I've learned from those lessons, but they weren't quite at the same level when it came to the making adjustments in their teaching during the lesson. Some were private or solo lessons, some were semi-private lessons with friends, some were group lessons.

MissySki

Angel Diva
This looks wonderful! I know it's early but will they be doing a 2020 ski camp as well?

They do them every year, I believe most weeks of the season, so it’s quite accommodating based on your availability. At some point there will be a thread on 2020 weeks that divas might attend as well, there had been a lot of interest expressed from ladies here wanting to participate in ski week(s) next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
This looks wonderful! I know it's early but will they be doing a 2020 ski camp as well?
The Taos Ski Week has been going on at Taos for decades. It's run essentially every week of the season. No need to pre-register.

What region do you usually ski in? Have you done any other multi-day/week lesson programs?

Teresa

Certified Ski Diva
The Taos Ski Week has been going on at Taos for decades. It's run essentially every week of the season. No need to pre-register.

What region do you usually ski in? Have you done any other multi-day/week lesson programs?

Hi! I did the 4 Day Atomic Camp in Whistler in February which was really helpful for me. Unfortunately I sprained my knee that week so I'm planning now for next season. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna