• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR Bridger Bowl in MT, Feb 2019

marzNC

Angel Diva
After searching more than once, thought it would be easier to have a Bridger trip report thread for Feb. 19-21, 2019. I was having too much fun after the powder storm on Feb. 20 and just put a few pics in the MT 2018-19 thread. First powder day had 9-20 inches of "cold smoke" fluffy powder.

Feb 2019, Posts 56-62:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...ridger-whitefish-etc.23167/page-3#post-383825

One lift ride I rode up with a grandfather who retired to Bozeman from Chicago relatively recently. He said his son "married a MT girl" and so the grandparents moved to be closer to the new grandson and his parents. What was a surprise to him was that even midweek powder days are relatively busy. Some families routinely head to Bridger on a deep powder day. Kids with good grades are excused from school. Many companies are "powder friendly" so parents can play hooky too. We saw plenty of school age kids all over the mountain, from green trails to advanced terrain where kids are charging down. One father had a collection of tweens/teens right under the Pierre lift. One of the younger boys had popped a ski. The other kids were waiting while he talked to his son about how to get it back on. I'd seen the group earlier and it was clear the boy normally had no problem jumping the big rock and was quite embarrassed. Especially with his big sister yelling encouragement.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Whenever I've gone to Big Sky, I add in a day or two at Bridger to start with. Had my first private lesson out west with a very experienced L3 instructor recommended by name in Feb 2012. Have continued to work with Ric Blevins since then. Since Bridger is a non-profit, the cost of lift tickets and lessons is very reasonable.

Bridger has slowly improved lodges and lifts over the last decade or two. It's quite well run. Can be pretty busy on weekends when all the locals are out, but nothing like resorts close to major cities.

Mar 2013, before an EpicSki Big Sky Gathering
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/bridger-bowl-mt.16201/

Feb 2012, before and after a Diva West at Big Sky
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/fun-in-montana.14089/#post-195861

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly