• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TR Big SNOW American Dream, indoor slope in NJ, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

marzNC

Angel Diva
May not be able to open until Nov. 1.

From FB:
*Updated Information 9/30 3pm*

Thank you for your continued support and patience following the fire that occurred last Saturday. We are happy to report that thanks to the quick and expert response of the Meadowlands Fire Department, with the assistance of local fire departments, the damage was contained to only a small area of the snow dome, and because of the hard work of our maintenance team, the building has been able to keep temperature throughout this incident minimizing our snowpack loss.

We have now begun the steps to move towards reopening, which includes: cleaning, repairing, replacing and re-inspecting those items affected by the fire. To allow this work to happen, we will need to extend our closure several more weeks and will be refunding all pre-purchased visits through October 31st as a precaution. If you previously had an admission purchased for this timeframe, your refund will be processed automatically and there is no need to contact us unless you have further issues or questions.

We will continue to update our community on an official date when we can welcome you back to Big SNOW. Thank you again for your overwhelming love, patience and support.

-The Big SNOW Team

marzNC

Angel Diva
Big SNOW is sent out an email update today. The only news info is: "If you purchased a multi-visit card within the last year, we will extend your expiration date to use your visits by the amount of our closure time."

Having a multi-visit pass that is based on RFID makes it easier to make adjustments like changing expiration dates for a large number of people.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sad update, looks like most here will be on a mountain skiing before Big Snow reopens. Not that I'm sad about getting on an actual mountain asap!!

Updated Information 10/29 9:30am
*️⃣

We know you are all as eager as we are for Big SNOW to get back up and running. Our team has made great progress in the reopening process; however, we are not yet ready to welcome you back to Big SNOW as there are still several items that need to be addressed. Based on current timelines, we are tracking towards an early 2022 re-opening. We remain optimistic that this can change for the better, but we wanted to be transparent with you.
We will continue to update our community on our progress and are looking forward to announcing an official date when Big SNOW will be back up and running. As always, thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding.
For any guests who booked for visits through the end of December, we will automatically refund your purchases and there is no need to contact us. Refunds can take up to 3-5 business days to post.
Stay in the know on reopening details by subscribing to email alerts. Visit https://bit.ly/3Gx9zQs scroll to the bottom, and connect with us.
- The Team at Big SNOW

marzNC

Angel Diva
Too bad. Obviously missing out on the holiday periods in Nov and Dec is a pretty big blow to the bottom line for Big SNOW. I bet there are delays because of supply chain issues for whatever materials are needed for the repairs.

I'd decided to wait to get a 6-pack after I missed the sale. Definitely interested in meeting up with Divas again in 2022. :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Too bad. Obviously missing out on the holiday periods in Nov and Dec is a pretty big blow to the bottom line for Big SNOW. I bet there are delays because of supply chain issues for whatever materials are needed for the repairs.

I'd decided to wait to get a 6-pack after I missed the sale. Definitely interested in meeting up with Divas again in 2022. :smile:

Very true, I'm sure missing the holiday vacation periods really stinks. I was thinking the same thing, I imagine supply chain has to be factoring into this..

marzNC

Angel Diva
:bump:

Can't find the more recent Big SNOW thread. Fair to say that Big SNOW is busier these days than during the summer of 2021.

In any case, Big SNOW is having a flash sale on 6-packs, good for 12 months. $99 for 6 2-hr sessions without rentals, which is normally $199. Don't know how long the sale will last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly