• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Toronto - Ski & Snowboard Show

JO-ski

Certified Ski Diva
Hi ladies,

Winter is coming!!! :smile: A few weeks ago I got an email from one of our local hills announcing that snowmaking is starting in 100 days! Seems far still...

We have the Ski & Snowboard trade show coming up in Toronto (Mississauga) on Oct 25 through the weekend.

https://www.torontoskishow.com/

Has anyone been before? Is it worth going? What kind of things would I see there if I go? Deals from resorts? I see that half the vendors are resorts from everywhere including the USA. Is this where we can find deals for lift tickets? Would love to hear other people's experiences from previous years!

Jilly

Staff member
If you haven't been before, go. It's basically a travel show and gear swap. All the major Ontario resorts will have booths and all the major destinations are there too. There will be packages with tickets and lodging, but not usually any discounted tickets. If you see any "offers" that require a draw....don't do it. Unless you need your mailbox or electronic mailbox full of crap.

As far as gear....the major stores will be there with last years leftovers, clearing them out. I don't think any of the manufacturers do their own booths anymore.

Years ago, like 20, it was the place to be. All the major manufacturers had booths with the latest and greatest. The rep's were there to talk to, maybe even try on a boot or 2. The latest Warren Miller film was showing for an extra $. There were fashion shows of clothing, autograph sessions with celebrities, a ramp show with freestylists. A really great day.

Now...I won't drive in for it. But if you haven't been, that's another story. It is still downtown at the CNE? Pay to park, pay to get in....be prepared.

JO-ski

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks Jilly! I'm still hemming and hawing about whether or not I'm going. I am thinking that making a trip to the outlet mall might be a better bet for deals on gear. It sounds like it's not as niche of a show as it may have been before. Still on the hunt for a great ski jacket!

Jilly

Staff member
In talking to the Dynastar rep, he said he was to pack up the display and get it to Toronto. So it looks like the manufacturers have had a change of heart and are now exhibiting. He said all the manufacturers at Ottawa, were heading to TO next. It's nice to talk to the rep instead of some high school kid. One of the skis I'm looking at isn't on the website. It didn't make the catalogs either. But it's out there. So it was great to see the literature on it. Rossi is making a Hero Elite MP carbon. Same as the Ti version for dimensions, but no Ti.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly