• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

too lazy :(

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Here's the thing. Only you can fix "lazy". All our great ideas don't mean diddly squat if you don't have the motivation to do ....something.

I read an interview with the guy who wrote a book titled something like, "From Couch to 5K". He talks a lot about baby steps. He was a total slug, and started with walking half a block, jogging half a block. Then he jogged a block. Then two block. He made it really manageable. Now he has a book and of course is a successful runner.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Volklgirl's car reminds me somewhat of the winter a few years ago when I was living in a small apartment with not much storage and had in my car: two pairs of downhill skis, two pairs x-c skis, two pairs of poles, snowshoes, and - for some reason that now escapes me - a camping chair and a life jacket.

This made me laugh. Right now, my car contains the bike rack, a handful of both DH’s and my golf clubs, bike helmets, and a duffle packed with gym clothes.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This made me laugh. Right now, my car contains the bike rack, a handful of both DH’s and my golf clubs, bike helmets, and a duffle packed with gym clothes.

I've had friends who had so little storage in their home they'd store toilet paper and paper towels, etc., in their car. lol

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I've had friends who had so little storage in their home they'd store toilet paper and paper towels, etc., in their car. lol

Not to totally derail this thread, but one thing I remember from when I lived in NYC was standing in line behind a couple who were arguing about whether they had the space to store ONE EXTRA ROLL of toilet paper. And in that moment, when I was living in about 300sq ft with a bathroom where my knees hit the tub when I was sitting on the toilet, I thought it was a reasonable argument.

Glad you're getting to fitness classes @glamouretta! Keep us posted!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I have a station wagon and would never go smaller, because I do keep things in there on account of living in a small space!

Currently living in the car: Mountain bike helmet, gloves and hydration pack. Bike repair and cleaning tools. A basketball. Laundry detergent. Suitcase-sized medical kit with oxygen tank. Camp chair.
I'll switch over to seasonal car-storage of ski gear in a few months. :wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly