• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Toe trouble- note to self, turn on the lights next time

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As the title suggests, I was heading up to bed last night, neglected to turn on the lights and stubbed my toe. Twice in a row actually. This morning it still hurts. Anyone have experience with a broken toe? If it is indeed broken, can I pretend my ski boots are pretty much a fancy "walking boot" and still ski?
"

newboots

Angel Diva
Ouch!

If your toe is significantly swollen . . . well, you know about swelling and boots fitting. I, of course, have no qualifications to be dispensing medical advice. So here goes! It seems to me that the rigid hold our boots have on our feet would be pretty good for a broken toe. Maybe better than walking around in sneakers. I have often heard that the treatment for a broken toe is to tape it to the next toe to secure it, then go about your business.

My guess is that if it hurts to ski, lay off. So sorry! Have you been icing it?

Christy

Angel Diva
When I've broken toes the swelling was such I couldn't get the foot into a tight shoe. I think you'd know if it were broken, and the idea of putting it in a ski boot would be a non starter.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
When I've broken toes the swelling was such I couldn't get the foot into a tight shoe. I think you'd know if it were broken, and the idea of putting it in a ski boot would be a non starter.
Have to agree with @Christy . A beach umbrella in Puerto Vallarta fell on my toe and there is no way I could put a shoe on for a couple of weeks. Good thing as didn't need to at the beach. X ray when I returned home showed broken toe. Eventually healed on its own. Doubt you have a broken toe but maybe a "bruised" toe for sure.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As the title suggests, I was heading up to bed last night, neglected to turn on the lights and stubbed my toe. Twice in a row actually. This morning it still hurts. Anyone have experience with a broken toe? If it is indeed broken, can I pretend my ski boots are pretty much a fancy "walking boot" and still ski?
"
--Can you bend it even with the pain? If no, call the doctor.
--If yes, the next question is can you get it into a sock and then into a ski boot.
--If yes, go ski. If no, wait with it elevated until the answer is yes. Do what you need to do to keep it from swelling and/or getting inflamed.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you all, from your advice I think it may just be a bad sprain of sorts. I can bend it, and it is not bruised. It is still quite sore, but I was pretty much ok with my thick soled snow boots today. It's the one next to the pinky toe, so a little protected in the middle of the other toes. I'm still not sure how I managed to bash it twice and not stub any of the other toes in the process. I think if I make sure to wear hard soled slippers around the house for the next week or so to keep from doing more damage, I should be ok with ski boots by the time my pass black outs are over. Now to look for some ice finally (had to drive up to Maine to bring a kid home for the holidays).

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have heard taping two toes together helps!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As the title suggests, I was heading up to bed last night, neglected to turn on the lights and stubbed my toe. Twice in a row actually.
"
I feel your pain! That sounds like something I would do- I have been trying for over 2 years to grow out an injured toenail but I keep stubbing it about once every 3-4 months just to keep it purple :doh:

Hope it's better soon.

newboots

Angel Diva
I feel your pain! That sounds like something I would do- I have been trying for over 2 years to grow out an injured toenail but I keep stubbing it about once every 3-4 months just to keep it purple :doh:

Hope it's better soon.

You know, there is a pain-free way to keep it purple. In the cosmetics aisle at the drugstore...

:wink:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna