• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Toasty Tatas...

merrydog

Angel Diva
I have had bad experiences where the points (pun intended) furthest from my core get chilly. So I understand the idea but I address it either with extra layers or stuffing a sock into a strategic position. :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For $50 for the garment, I can add a layer! But I do recall something about a woman putting toe warmers on her breasts to keep them warm.......

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hot packs under the armpit area would be much more effective than this design, but of course harder to keep in place when moving around.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have suffered from nippy nips in the past, including the season when I was nursing my infant son. Little nugget certainly did not like his milk chilled.
Somebody on here suggested tucking hand warmers into one's bra, and I highly recommend this! It is genius, whoever you are...And certainly saves one from having to buy this contraption with pockets.

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should also mention that those little ice gel packs they sell for kid boo-boos (the ones shaped like Elmo are my personal favorites) work brilliantly for those of us who suffer from the OPPOSITE issue or have reached that stage in life when our flashes are more of the hot variety than the genius variety. When you're absolutely roasting, two of those frozen things tucked into a bra are heavenly.
I think that's my million dollar idea. Ice pack bras called "Nippy Nips"

kiki

Angel Diva
My face, toes and fingers and sometimes my bottom (from sitting in snow lol!) Get cold while my core stays warm. my nips have not been nippy yet.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have a fleece sports bra I bought on etsy years ago, and I love it. It just adds a nice, cozy layer; I only use it on super cold days. This reminds me....I should get another one somewhere.....

Last edited:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually have a fleece sports bra I bought on etsy years ago, and I love it. It just adds a nice, cozy layer; I only use it on super cold days. This reminds me....I should get another one somewhere.....
Makes sense to have a warmer layer on your core, but that you don't have to worry about movement, tucking in, etc.

Toasty Tatas

Diva in Training
Hello,

I am the inventor of Toasty Tatas. While doing market research for Toasty Tatas, I came across this thread. Thanks for your thoughts and feedback. I invented Toasty Tatas because I love winter, but hate the cold. The sports bra was designed and prototyped by me over a 2 year period to provide support, everyday winter comfort and heat during really cold days. The sports bra has 4 way stretch material on the outside for support, micro fleece on the inside for warmth and comfort and 2 pockets integrated into the sports bra for air activated hand warmers to warm your core during the coldest winter days.

Thanks again for your interest and please find a link to my video.

Also like us on Facebook to stay updated on sales and promotions. If you have any additional thoughts, questions or suggestions I would love to hear them because this is the first winter bringing Toasty Tatas to market.

Toasty Tatas

Diva in Training
For $50 for the garment, I can add a layer! But I do recall something about a woman putting toe warmers on her breasts to keep them warm.......
Hi Abbi,

I used to layer up all the time, but the bulk became restricting. So Toasty Tatas just helps you keep your core warm with the layers you are already wearing on really cold days without the bulk.

Because this is our first winter and you mentioned the suggested retail price of $50, what price would you be willing to pay for a sports bra specifically designed for winter? Your answer will really help with my market research. During this process, I researched a number of sports bras ranging in price from $40-$65, but none were designed specifically for winter with support, comfort and warmth, so I created and patented one. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

newboots

Angel Diva
Somebody on here suggested tucking hand warmers into one's bra, and I highly recommend this! It is genius, whoever you are...And certainly saves one from having to buy this contraption with pockets.

Not sure I would try that - seems like a way to get burned! The only story I remember about this was someone getting burned.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Abbi,

I used to layer up all the time, but the bulk became restricting. So Toasty Tatas just helps you keep your core warm with the layers you are already wearing on really cold days without the bulk.

Because this is our first winter and you mentioned the suggested retail price of $50, what price would you be willing to pay for a sports bra specifically designed for winter? Your answer will really help with my market research. During this process, I researched a number of sports bras ranging in price from $40-$65, but none were designed specifically for winter with support, comfort and warmth, so I created and patented one. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I don’t have a whole lot that needs support so I’m not in need of much structure. I tend to buy two for $20 Jogbra packages from BJ’s wholesale club. Does what I need. And works for jogging. Mostly I am wearing a brushed fleece wicking layer underneath, a light fleece and my jacket. If it’s cold I will add a fleece vest with the whole package. If it’s crazy cold I add a sleeveless wicking shirt under the brushed shirt and a down jacket. Apparently while my hands are ice cubes, my breasts are not.

merrydog

Angel Diva
Also like us on Facebook to stay updated on sales and promotions. If you have any additional thoughts, questions or suggestions I would love to hear them because this is the first winter bringing Toasty Tatas to market.

Hi, I just want to advocate for sports bra sizing that differentiates more than the standard S/M/L/XL. Otherwise those of us with larger cup sizes but small rib cages have to deal with the band riding up during active pursuits.

Toasty Tatas

Diva in Training
Hi, I just want to advocate for sports bra sizing that differentiates more than the standard S/M/L/XL. Otherwise those of us with larger cup sizes but small rib cages have to deal with the band riding up during active pursuits.
Thanks for the feedback. We have heard about this amongst other issues with sports bras and hope if we can be successful in this initial pursuit, we can apply resources to perfect a flexibility in sizing for all various cup and band sizing.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Thanks for the feedback. We have heard about this amongst other issues with sports bras and hope if we can be successful in this initial pursuit, we can apply resources to perfect a flexibility in sizing for all various cup and band sizing.
To this point, it would also be great if us smaller cupped women didn’t get stuck with bras you have to pull over your head. Many times it's only the larger cupped sizes that get an actual hook/eye system and I’m left to have a wrestling match every time I put one on/take it off! Thank goodness I don’t have shoulder issues.

Jilly

Staff member
I too will not buy anything that is not in bra sizes. At 38DD, I want support. Currently in Moving Comfort and a Victoria's Secret front opening racer back. I can't get a non opening bra on as I have a bad shoulder. Usually I can't pull them off. Also they all seems to twist into a tight cored that doesn't stretch enough to undo it. As for cost, not over $50 either. I do spend ridiculous amounts on day wear bras because of my size and shape.

Not sure about about your warmer pockets. But I can't say as I've ever had a problem with the girls getting cold. And I ski Quebec. I would be concerned about burns too. That area is a little sensitive.

But I do wish you well. I believe there is a market for these, just finding the right ladies for it.

newboots

Angel Diva
I kind of love that we are discussing a heated sports bra. Where else can you have this conversation?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna