• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

To jump or not to jump from a chairlift: a snowboarder's choice

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Got a few minutes? We've all heard that you should not drop off chairlifts. But here's a podcast from Outside Online about a snowboarder who had to make a terrible choice: jump or don't jump.

newboots

Angel Diva
I heard that last night. Harrowing, but ultimately great. Interesting from beginning to end. I like the Outside podcasts quite a bit. Except for the snake bite one.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
That happened at Sugar Mtn in NC while I was a patroller at Beech. Very unfortunate accident, and like they said, sort of a perfect storm of mistakes. Most important take away from this is how important it is for the ski patrol to take seriously every report of a missing skier, and you should never ride the chair around the bull wheel at the top. Ski patrol will ride last chair, and when they reach the top, the lift is shut down. If you don’t get off at the top this could happen to you. So sorry for this fellow’s ordeal!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna