• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Tips/Tricks/"Things I've Learned The Hard Way" for AT Skiing?

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This past weekend I went out for a shortish skin, about 1 mile in very mellow terrain (more for the exercise than anything). Temperature was above freezing and when I took of the skins they're soaking wet. Not an issue in itself, but it turned out the extra weight the water added made my legs pretty much useless the day after... Would the glide wax help against this or is there anything else than can be done to prevent the skins from getting soaked?
You can try to spray them with Nikwax Ski Skin Proof. I understand that skin wax is mainly used to prevent wet snow from sticking to the skins and freezing into a layer of ice, but with temperature above freezing I am not sure how it works . In my limited experience it's normal to end up with wet skins in spring. It does add a bit of weight but if you are not lifting skis it should be still OK.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna