• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tips for Switching to Longer Skis?

LCskis

Certified Ski Diva
I've been on really short skis since a started (146) and was so nervous to even demo anything longer but (like everyone else here), once I did, I couldn't believe the difference! I really felt so much safer, had more stability, etc. etc. I think you'll love your new skis!

C

CMCM

Hello Ladies!

I am 5'6'' and have been skiing on 140's, probably far longer than I should have, and will be switching up to 158's once my new skis come in:thumbsup:. I have to admit I am fairly nervous about the 18cm difference, any tips to make the switch easier?

Thank you!

Gosh, 140 for your height seems short! I'm 5'7" and was on 150s for a couple of years, and then one year I randomly decided to demo skis...the ones I wanted were out, so I took out a pair of Salomon 163's and LOVED them! They were amazing, stable, just a whole different experience. I KNOW it was the length difference, mainly. So I bought that ski, and my current K2s are 163 as well, and I would never go shorter again. One thing I got from the longer length is much greater stability. My skiing improved hugely after I got longer skis.

manymoreshoes

Certified Ski Diva
I'm 5'2/100lbs, was on 140s as a beginner but after 20 times felt them too short. Then I jumped to my husband's 155s and felt much better. I think there is no problem for you jump to 158s, nothing can happen just feel much stable. Try it!

marzNC

Angel Diva
:bump: came across this thread from 2011 looking for something else.

Good info for adult beginners/intermediates of any height who spend a season or more on rental skis, which are typically on the short side. Especially for people who start skiing at a small hill in the flatlands (southeast, mid-Atlantic, midwest) where the only terrain available are groomers with manmade snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly