• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tips for long-lapsed skier?

marzNC

Angel Diva
We don't have a home mountain per se. We are liking the PA mountains due to proximity and ease of access. But generally, the attitude is: "have car, have skis, will travel" :smile:
Have you ever been to Plattekill? That's where I would go on a weekend from NJ. I watch conditions in the Catskills after having a chance to check out Belleayre and Hunter. It's be interesting to see the steady improvements in recent years. The main advantage for driving a little farther to Plattekill is the lack of crowds. Also good terrain, especially if interested in bumps or trees.

I've included PA in the MidA/SE thread because folks in the DC and Philly area tend to ski there. Montage was fun when I met up with a few local Divas during early season a couple years ago as I was driving up north for another reason.

AliceB

Angel Diva
My trainer (who is a big reason why I am willing to try skiing again, at 65 and after 25 years away from it) did a TEDx talk! It's quite a story; you can see why he's passionate about strength training for life -

KBee

Angel Diva
Don't worry too much about technique, ability, appearance. Practice if you like, but don't forget to have fun and enjoy the feeling of skiing. For me, it's about being stoked, and that can happen even when I'm not skiing "well", or even in "bad" snow.

This week I saw some very peculiar styles. One in particular had me wondering, why is she sticking her butt way in and out like that. It looks really weird... But she wasn't. She had a mile wide grin and was stoked about every turn.

For me it's about the feeling of gliding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna