• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tips for getting ready in the car

WhyKnot

Certified Ski Diva
Sounds like we need to lobby for each resort to put a bench next to an exterior outlet and have a hair dryer to borrow at the end of day. Although then you would have the issue of walking back to your car without your boots on. Hmmm, maybe instead of a full bag check that would take a lot of space, just a shoe check tent or mini lockers outside that really only fit shoes and maybe a thermos.
This is a great idea. Outdoor benches, distanced, heaters if possible, out door mini lockers.

AJM

Certified Ski Diva
I'm generally booting up in the carpark so I always put my boots in the footwell of the car on the passenger side to warm them, a friend has made skinny wheat bags which she microwaves before shoving in the boots and another friend boils water and pours it into those little mini bar bottles and jams those into the boots, good luck gals x

NYSnowflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m grateful that I only drive 3 miles or less to get to the mountain. But I am still totally envious of all of you with modern cars with things like heated seats! My 2005 Honda CRV, even being an EX model, does not have heated seats.
You can get aftermarket heated seats installed for a couple hundred bucks. I have done this in my past two vehicles.

Jilly

Staff member
I had a seat cover that heated up using the accessories plug. But I do love my heated seats now!! Thinking those small heat packs with rice or oatmeal might be a plan.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a seat cover that heated up using the accessories plug. But I do love my heated seats now!! Thinking those small heat packs with rice or oatmeal might be a plan.
me too (I think I already said that), but, I'm thinking of getting another one for the passenger seat to heat up driving gloves or an extra pair of socks or even my regular walking boots.

NYSnowflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
me too (I think I already said that), but, I'm thinking of getting another one for the passenger seat to heat up driving gloves or an extra pair of socks or even my regular walking boots.
I had one of those plug-in warmers but it only lasted a few weeks before it broke :noidea:

I'm thinking of filling a pair of long socks with rice and microwaving them before I leave in the morning. I'll snuggle those socks down into the boots for the ride in the car (1.5 hours), and block the top of the cuffs with my mittens so the heat won't escape that way. Then I'll set the boots down under the heat vent for the passenger seat. I may wrap the boots and in insulation - I have some that will work. I may also tuck a pair of hand warmers down in the toes first. That should adequately take care of having warm boots to put on in the parking lot.
Now that's a clever idea! Way to keep that carbon footprint down, too! :clap:

Members Online