• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Timberline in WV re-opening in 2020-21, with new lifts!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hopefully the North family can follow thru with their plans for new lifts at Timberline in Davis, WV. They surprised many long-time fans last week by opting to install a 6-pack detachable as the primary lift, as opposed to a much cheaper fixed-grip quad. Also a new quad for beginner/intermediate terrain.

The old lifts have already been removed. Folks in western PA and the DC/NoVA area are pretty excited.

March 27, Intermountain
Timberline to reopen with $10M in improvements

https://timberlinemountain.com/press-release/
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.16.02 PM.jpg

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last name of the family is Perfect. They have owned and operated Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg, Indiana for 40 years. The ski resort was named after the Perfect family. North was added because the slopes face exactly north. The land was farm land and if I recall correctly no one in the Perfect family were skiers.
The Perfect family has managed to survive with amazing management and snow making capabilities even with inconsistent mid western winters. They are located approximately 40 min. from downtown Cincinnati.
I remember how skeptical the community was that the Perfects would survive. Compared to the eastern and western resorts they were considered a joke due to their small size. They started with a Pony lift. Then added a chair half way up the hill that served a couple of intermediate runs. There was a face that would make a great black run but Clyde Perfect (the father) was resistant because he thought the steeper pitch was too dangerous. He called the face a cliff. Eventually, a chair was added and the black run Center Stage was born. When snowboarding came along they added jumps. The Olympian Free Style skier Nick Goepper practiced his jumps there. I probably watched him practice when I skied there on Thurs. evenings.
The Cincinnati Ski Club was very supportive of the Perfect's in those early years. My skiing roots came from those Wed. or Thurs. nights spent there taking lessons or in racing programs.
Due to their history they will do well in W. Va.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna