• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tight calves

kiki

Angel Diva
I've seen references to the issue of tight calves in several posts related to boot fitting, and it was mentioned to me by my bootfitter.

I do wear high heels at work every day in the winter (non sandal season) and have had trouble with my achilles in the past. The last time i skiid my calves hurt after. Also my boots feel fine when skiing but my feet go numb when i sit with them in the cafeteria or on the lift, and i understand this may be due to tight calves (?).

I usually spent 10-15 m doing leg stretches amd sit ups etc every morning before work. Not sure what else i need to do.

Any recommendations on calf stretches or things to help?

Jenny

Angel Diva
Yoga helps, but I also bought a slant board last year when I was battling plantar fasciitis (which worked out well since I needed it after the ankle stuff this year, too) and started using it. It lives in the bathroom and I stand on it when I brush my teeth and dry my hair.

RJ*

Angel Diva
I second the slant board. I had a really nasty ankle fracture and torn ligaments two years ago, and while physical therapy helped, it only went so far. It was the slant board that allowed me to regain full mobility and strength in my ankle. It took a while, but you can use it as Jenny mentioned while brushing your teeth, watching TV, etc.

kiki

Angel Diva
Oooh, used the foam roller tonight. It feels looser already after just once! Going down the stairs for my laundry after was surprising how much easier it was! Thank you for this recommendation! Will def be keeping at this one!

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Foam rollers work miracles! I stubbornly refused to try it for years cause I didn't see how it would really make a difference. The best part is, the more you do it, the better it gets. It hurts so good!

kiki

Angel Diva
I also got the other thing that @lisamamot provided a link to and it helps too in a different way--this morning got up and my achiles hurt just standing up and i worked in my calves with both the foam roller and the other thing and no pain the rest of the day.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh sweet, maybe I should give that a shot. I have chronic knots deep in my calories especially all the time from bad foot mechanics. Maybe that would get the deep ones the foam roller can't get.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly