• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tight Calves or Bracing Issue?

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva
@Jilly I know in normal life I bear too much weight on my heels. Last year I started to be more focused about distributing my weight across my foot in hopes of carryover to my skiing stance. I can't say I've paid much attention recently, but it's likely the weight is in my heels more than it should be.

@liquidfeet Maybe I just need to up my concentration on dorsiflexing and see if I can net out some improvements. I was so thrilled to not have all my brain energy consumed with my floating heels anymore, but I've kind of been in a place of giving a little attention to a lot of things I have taken away from lessons, etc instead of trying to tackle one idea at a time. Having better explanations for some of the why's is a stronger motivator to increase the focus on dorsiflexing.

shadoj

Angel Diva
I bear too much weight on my heels
If this is the case and you're trying to "roll your feet" to get edge to edge, that could definitely irritate the side of your calves -- compare this to getting your weight over the midfoot/ball of your foot, pressuring the inside vs outside metatarsals. Muscle tension anywhere further up the line (inner thighs, glutes, hamstrings, you name it...) can also be the culprit. Hope you figure it out! It's always been one thing or another with my calves throughout my life, but they're at least a little tamer now. (Moo.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna