• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tibia Plateau injury

Swissski

Diva in Training
Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience about rehab @Linzijane18. It has definitely given me a more positive attitude about mine. In short, I tore ACL and MCL 10 years ago but didn’t have reconstruction surgery at the time because I was living in Switzerland and skiing every weekend, so went down the path of building muscles to hold it all together. All went very well with no need for brace and absolutely no discomfort for 8 years but then after moving to UK a couple of years ago and not having the slopes on the doorstep, and the addition of COVID restrictions, muscles obviously weakened. Tore MCL again sledging on Xmas day last year and decided to have ACL reconstruction in April this year. Very fastidious with PT exercises and excellent recovery, with consultant very happy to sign off. Determined to build muscle strength ready for the coming winter, continuing with gym sessions and went to Switzerland in august to mountain bike and build fitness. And to cut a long story short, fell off ebike, banged weak leg down, tibia plateau fracture, helicopter to Interlaken hospital, operation with plates and screws and back on slow rehab program. Miraculously the ACL graft held but very frustrated and now hoping February 2023 skiing will be possible. If any consolation, UK surgeon very impressed with Swiss work, but I’m not surprised as they have huge experience of doing this surgery. In fact the girl in the bed next to me from Geneva had been advised to go Interlaken. While I really wouldn’t wish ANY injury on anyone, if you need it sometimes the local hospital solution is best because they see the same injuries all the time and are the most up to date and experienced in surgery.
Wishing all injury-recovering ladies the best healing path. We’ve got this ladies. Channeling inner patience, trying not to throw crutches down in frustration and visualizing that lovely sound of skiing through fresh powder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna