• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thoughts on Revelstoke?

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If all goes well I will be in the Okanagan in January to ski Big White. I was thinking that since I am in the BC interior already I might try to venture out to Revelstoke for a couple of days. For those of you who have skied Revelstoke is it worth the detour?

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. Definitely. Admittedly biased but yes.

Not just an experts mountain, there's plenty of terrain to suit an adventurous intermediate or higher. If you find Big White fun and enjoy the non-groomed runs there, then I'd say you'd enjoy Revy. If you're after groomers, I'd go elsewhere but if you're wanting off-piste, bumps, trees, and long, long runs it's awesome.

The road in can close due to accidents or avalanches, so check conditions before you go.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I agree with @MrsPlow . I went to Revy a few years ago with @nopoleskier in the end of March and we had a great time! Yes, it is steep! Some of the blues on the upper half of the mountain would be black is some other moutains out West. Though there a few groomed runs from every lift, not much is groomed, one of the blue slopes we skied, I think it was Denver dollars, was not groomed and had a small cliff in the middle. Revy very long runs, especially if you come midseason and the snow is good on the lower half of the mountain, great tree runs. We didn't ski lower half from gondola midstation and down because it was slushy in the end of March. Great town, easily walkable, with lots of great food.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you like to ski Expo, Flying Mile and Tiguidou at Tremblant? Revy and KH are an experts mountain. Plus it's a hike over to it.

I like the Flying Mile and Tigidou but I must admit that Expo intimidates me when it is icy. If it is in good condition I feel okay on it. Is this what I can expect to find at Revelstoke in terms of pitch?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Revy is a blast, it is steep.. I think it is steeper than anything I skied at Mt Tremblant and steep for longer distance. We hired a guide to take us to the Bowl "the Sweet spot" was anything but 'sweet' huge whooop de do bumps to navigate to fly out into the bowl. The trees are spectacular, the snow was wonderful (end of march we had 5-8 new every day) We had no ice. We skied the upper Mt and down loaded Gondola at half way due to fair conditions on the bottom. Here's some teasers.. CIMG0407.JPGCIMG0408.JPGCIMG0414.JPGCIMG0415.JPG.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I LOVED IT. We went two years ago for a week. I’d go back in a hot second. It’s bigger than the trail map makes it look because it has so much vertical. It was too warm when we were there to ski the lower third of the mountain but the runs are so long I didn't feel the absence. I probably qualify as an intermediate/advanced skier? and felt like Revy totally hit my sweet spot of being a little bit challenging and pushing me a bit but not being too much to handle. That was a horrible year for us and I was worried about how I’d do because the snow was so awful here I never really got off groomers prior to our trip, but I handled it fine. (Okay, there was that totally freak fall where my bindings didn’t release quite as fast as I needed them too and I pulled my calf pretty bad pitching forward to face plant over my skis and had to forfeit the last day of my 5-day pass but that was not due to difficulty of the hill I was on.)

The town is great too. Most of the hotels/motels offer free passes to the local rec center for hot tub access - go!!! Very well-maintained, high quality, with bonus waterslide. I finally understood how people that far north endure the short days and long nights.

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now I really want to go! I bought my plane tickets for Kelowna so I will definitely be in BC in January, but I will have to see if I can make the detour to Revelstoke work. Thank you ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly