• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thoughts on Nordica Sentra SL 7 or Spitfire (probably 76 or 80)?

Gilly

Certified Ski Diva
My thinking has been re-aligned and I'm off to find a deal on technical front side groomers. I've found decent deals on these Nordica options, wanted to see if any of you have skied them and have thoughts. THANKS

Jilly

Staff member
The SL7 is a women's ski for starts. 69 underfoot with 1 layer of metal in it. There are several Spitfires, most have 2 layers of metal and none are under 70mm. I had the Dobermann SLC which is their softest Dobermann. I found it still too stiff.

And this is why we say Demo!!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I demoed it and I didn’t like it. It’s quite turn-y and can fit 10 turns in 20 ft it felt like — But it didn’t feel stable to me going down blacks. I also demoed the volkyl flair. I didn’t like that but I felt better about getting it on edge than I did the Sentra SL7s. The truth is that I despised both. I am looking for a skinny ski though. I typically like the wider skis, Nordica Santa Ana 93, elan ripstick 94, Rossi sky 7, K2 alluvit.

I would like to get on the Blizzard SRC firebird or nordica doberman or K2 disruption. I haven’t heard of the spitfire. Hope you find some good skis!

Gilly

Certified Ski Diva
@Jilly so you had the dobermann that doesn't have all the metal and still found it too stiff?

@echo_NY That is super helpful about the Sentra feeling less than stable on blacks. I really like how stable my Kenjas are and the Dobermann I skied had that too.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I should correct myself, I demoed the volkl flair carbon sc and I liked it better than the nordica Sentra SL7.
what did you think of the dobermanns? I wanted to get on that ski but couldn’t find it in my size sadly

Jilly

Staff member
@Jilly so you had the dobermann that doesn't have all the metal and still found it too stiff?

Yes, yet my Hero's ST Ti has metal. It could be a combination of factors. Metal is only 1 part of the construction of the ski. Different woods, fiberglass, whatever they are putting into the ski construction can make them stiff. Just like I found the Hero MT's too soft.

Gilly

Certified Ski Diva
@Jilly I just spent some time reading reviews on the Hero ST TI - sounds like a good ski for my current hunt - what length are you skiing?

Jilly

Staff member
157, I am now 5'4 and 157 lbs. I love this ski. I moved up from the carbon version. The MT is too soft in the tail. There is wider one too.

Gilly

Certified Ski Diva
@Jilly Thanks for your help - I think I'm going to go for the Hero elite st ti - I'm 5'6" 145-150 - would you do the 157 or the 162. My kenjas are 163 - I wouldn't want the kenjas any longer at this stage. The Heros don't have much rocker so I'm assuming the 157 for groomers and to try and figure out how to ski bumps a bit next year should be right. Thoughts?

Jilly

Staff member
Sound right. If you can demo, that's even better. I've put my skis away, so I'm not sure if they are 157 or 159...but what's an inch?

Gilly

Certified Ski Diva
Your quick - thank you! Earlier on you said you had the 157 - I believe you ;)
157 it is - appreciate you input. I wont know if I love them till next year but worth the savings by pulling the trigger now. If they aren't the right tool I'll sell them early next season. It is all good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing