• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thoughts on Head Rally vs Fischer Curv DTX

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need new skis - looking at carvers - and I'm looking at the Head i.Rally (which other ski instructors rave about) and the Fischer Curv DTX (which my contact in the local shop says is comparable but better.) I demo'ed the Rally and liked it a lot. I was worried it would be too heavy, but I loved how solid it felt, its grip on the snow, and the easy turning.

I'm set to demo the Fischers, but after reading about them, I'm a little worried that perhaps they are too aggressive, perhaps a tad above my technical level, or a bit less flexible in use than the Head. Do any of you gals use these skis? I'd be grateful for your opinions and advice.

About me - I'm tall and relatively strong. I'm a first season ski instructor in my first year of retirement. I'm a strong and experienced skier, but I don't go looking for risk. I love making beautiful turns, short or wide, all the way down a piste!

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What did you end up with? I'm actually looking to replace my Head iRally with the Fischer Curv DTX (among others), mainly because with a longer turn radius, it seems more suited for Level 3 training, and there are still some around in shops. My Heads have been great for teaching, and getting me through level 2, but they have definitely seen better days!

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I demo'ed the Curvs and the iRally's on the same day. I was sure that I would prefer the Rally's, but I loved the Curvs. They felt solid, and they practically turned themselves. They worked beautifully for me both for teaching all last season and for Level 2 training, in a variety of conditions. Not great at first in powder, but even there, once I adjusted my stance (yes it was me, not the skis), they were better than I expected. I would snap them up if I were you!

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh that's encouraging! What length did you get? I'm tallish too (well, 5ft8.5) but fairly solid at 78kg.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Embarrassing, but I don’t remember the length, and I’m not home at the moment. (On my way to hike in Ireland for a week!) I think they are 171 or 172. (I’m 5’11 and 68 to 70 kg.)

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK cheers, that makes sense. I think the 164 would be too short for me then. Enjoy your holiday!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly