• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Thoughts on buying a season pass

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wawa prices usually go up around mid November, with a similar price available at the ski expo. GPS price is usually around $269-279 for Bronze. Normally I get it through a home school group which helps them to get more chaperone passes, and extra bonus that the price doesn’t go up.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wawa prices usually go up around mid November, with a similar price available at the ski expo. GPS price is usually around $269-279 for Bronze. Normally I get it through a home school group which helps them to get more chaperone passes, and extra bonus that the price doesn’t go up.

Wow okay excellent on timing and the group rate!! Will definitely be keeping this in mind.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Smuggs has a Memorial Day deadline for spring pass sales for 2020-21. Decreased prices by $10-$30 compared to last season. I assume compared to the early bird price for 2019-20 but can't be sure.

The special COVID-19 note says "Our community is our lifeline for the health of the business, a portion of the sales proceeds from the 2020/21 Pass & Badge early season offer will be donated to the Vermont Food Bank and United Way of Lamoille County."

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.02.33 PM.png

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I purchased my Big Sky season pass around 3/10, a few days before they closed. I was thinking the other day that a message from them is overdue. Whether it’s a thank you, an update on tentative plans, or how they’re supporting employees and the community. We’ve received nothing ... but our receipt and that is very disappointing.

Skiing is not essential. My discretionary dollars could have gone back under the mattress, so a message to 2020-2021 passholders from Big Sky or mothership Boyne would have been appreciated. I’m overall disappointed with them due to their continued IKON inclusion and was already planning to find a new home territory after next season. When I read about hills, mountains and resorts who are communicative and appreciative of their passholders, I’m envious.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I purchased my Big Sky season pass around 3/10, a few days before they closed. I was thinking the other day that a message from them is overdue. Whether it’s a thank you, an update on tentative plans, or how they’re supporting employees and the community. We’ve received nothing ... but our receipt and that is very disappointing.

Skiing is not essential. My discretionary dollars could have gone back under the mattress, so a message to 2020-2021 passholders from Big Sky or mothership Boyne would have been appreciated. I’m overall disappointed with them due to their continued IKON inclusion and was already planning to find a new home territory after next season. When I read about hills, mountains and resorts who are communicative and appreciative of their passholders, I’m envious.

Sunday River is also Boyne, and told us more info would be coming soon. I expect it any day since our current pass deadline is the end of April and this looks like it’ll be extened. I assume that means all of Boyne. However, I think they need to get a move on as they’ve had plenty of time to figure out at least the start of a strategy at this point..

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I was just informed Big Sky DID send a message out to pass holders (nobody in my posse of 5 got it). There’s enough gratitude to suspend my shame-on-you-Boyne attitude.

SEASON PASS UPDATE
Understandably, there have been many questions about our plans for the 2020-21 ski season. To help answer some of those questions, we wanted to share an update on how we are moving forward with winter ski passes.
As a token of gratitude to the Big Sky community, we will be providing Loyalty Pricing for returning passholders who wish to purchase a 20-21 season pass.
Additionally, we are adding a new pass to our 20-21 lineup that will provide another option for unlimited access to the Tram.
We also want to give our passholders plenty of time to make the decision that is right for them. The savings deadline for season passes has been extended to June 15, 2020.
While we intend on operating for the 20-21 winter season, we understand that our guests might feel uncertain about purchasing a season pass. Therefore, we are working on a season pass assurance program to offer flexibility with your pass purchase, including a rollover to the 2021-22 winter season if a season-long interruption were to occur this winter.
We will share more details about Loyalty Pricing, the new pass option, and assurance program come May. Rest assured, if you have already purchased a 20-21 season pass, you will have the opportunity to make adjustments once our new lineup is available.

We thank you for being a loyal Big Sky passholder, and are looking forward to brighter days ahead, spent on the mountain together

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was just informed Big Sky DID send a message out to pass holders (nobody in my posse of 5 got it). There’s enough gratitude to suspend my shame-on-you-Boyne attitude.

SEASON PASS UPDATE
Understandably, there have been many questions about our plans for the 2020-21 ski season. To help answer some of those questions, we wanted to share an update on how we are moving forward with winter ski passes.
As a token of gratitude to the Big Sky community, we will be providing Loyalty Pricing for returning passholders who wish to purchase a 20-21 season pass.
Additionally, we are adding a new pass to our 20-21 lineup that will provide another option for unlimited access to the Tram.
We also want to give our passholders plenty of time to make the decision that is right for them. The savings deadline for season passes has been extended to June 15, 2020.
While we intend on operating for the 20-21 winter season, we understand that our guests might feel uncertain about purchasing a season pass. Therefore, we are working on a season pass assurance program to offer flexibility with your pass purchase, including a rollover to the 2021-22 winter season if a season-long interruption were to occur this winter.
We will share more details about Loyalty Pricing, the new pass option, and assurance program come May. Rest assured, if you have already purchased a 20-21 season pass, you will have the opportunity to make adjustments once our new lineup is available.

We thank you for being a loyal Big Sky passholder, and are looking forward to brighter days ahead, spent on the mountain together

Awesome!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Yeah. Wow. It’s good enough to make me reconsider. Maybe just a weekday pass to MRG and an Epic pass.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Finally! And more generous than I was expecting. We got 12 days in and I honestly was not expecting any accommodation for last season. 20% credit to all passholders regardless of days skied is impressive. And free insurance that covers COVID closures next season - sounds good to me.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Sunday River is also Boyne, and told us more info would be coming soon. I expect it any day since our current pass deadline is the end of April and this looks like it’ll be extened. I assume that means all of Boyne. However, I think they need to get a move on as they’ve had plenty of time to figure out at least the start of a strategy at this point..

Sunday River did extend "into June". I didn't get an email, I just thought they were overdue on an update, and got on their website (thinking maybe somehow I missed an email or accidently unsubscribed to their email list). The first banner than pops up says "Spring Sale Deadline Extended into June".

When you click on it, this:
We've extended our spring sale and lowest rates on all 2020-21 passes into June, giving you more time to lock in the savings with $50 down on our four-payment Easy Pay Plan. Please note that payments for purchases made by April 30 will begin on June 1, and after April 30 will begin on July 1. We will announce the specific June deadline date along with additional pass details in early May.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River did extend "into June". I didn't get an email, I just thought they were overdue on an update, and got on their website (thinking maybe somehow I missed an email or accidently unsubscribed to their email list). The first banner than pops up says "Spring Sale Deadline Extended into June".

When you click on it, this:
We've extended our spring sale and lowest rates on all 2020-21 passes into June, giving you more time to lock in the savings with $50 down on our four-payment Easy Pay Plan. Please note that payments for purchases made by April 30 will begin on June 1, and after April 30 will begin on July 1. We will announce the specific June deadline date along with additional pass details in early May.

Thanks, I definitely didn't see this. How did that not deserve an email and/or social media post?? :doh: I'm very interested in the "additional pass details" with how much time they've had to discuss this stuff now..

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone else have a home mountain that has not yet made any announcement about season passes at all? Grand Targhee usually puts them on sale April 1st, and so far not a peep.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loveland just posted its info and sent emails today about season passes with respect to this year's early closure.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Does anyone else have a home mountain that has not yet made any announcement about season passes at all? Grand Targhee usually puts them on sale April 1st, and so far not a peep.
I'd noted earlier that both Alta and Taos aren't doing any spring pass sales. That also means there is has been no info about prices for next season.

I've only been following Taos for a few years and it's been a little inconsistent about season pass deadlines and discounts during the spring, summer, and early fall.

For Alta, I got in a habit of making keeping a note about season pass prices during a current season in order to have a reference to use during summer planning.

Note that in the southeast, it's only recently that there were early bird offers in the spring for season passes. The tradition was that nothing was happening between the end of the season in mid/late March and Labor Day. Or even not until October.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd noted earlier that both Alta and Taos aren't doing any spring pass sales. That also means there is has been no info about prices for next season.

I've only been following Taos for a few years and it's been a little inconsistent about season pass deadlines and discounts during the spring, summer, and early fall.

For Alta, I got in a habit of making keeping a note about season pass prices during a current season in order to have a reference to use during summer planning.

Note that in the southeast, it's only recently that there were early bird offers in the spring for season passes. The tradition was that nothing was happening between the end of the season in mid/late March and Labor Day. Or even not until October.

I would be fine with them not going on sale until the fall, but some communication about what to expect would be comforting. My husband has this theory that some ski areas may do day tickets only next season...

Jilly

Staff member
I would be fine with them not going on sale until the fall, but some communication about what to expect would be comforting. My husband has this theory that some ski areas may do day tickets only next season...

Interesting thought. He could be right, except for Ikon and Epic...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Understandable that silence is frustrating.

He may be right about limited number of day tickets. But that could be in addition to season ticket holders. Every ski area and ski resort is going to have a unique situation to deal with based on factors like staffing, the amount of effort required to get the infrastructure like lifts ready for use, and expectations of regular customers, where most of the revenue comes from in terms of guests, and of course the local restrictions or limitations related to COVID-19. I would guess that most resorts really aren't sure what's the best approach at this stage.

Powder Mountain and Deer Valley have been using limits for day tickets for a while. However, there were only a few days each season that they actually ran out of day tickets. For PowMow I think those were deep powder days. For DV, it happened during Christmas week.

I have a season pass to Biltmore, a mansion and private park in Asheville, NC. For entry to the house, still need to get a timed ticket. Can do it online in advance for busy days, or on arrival during off-season.

Here's what Alta sent out to two different elists with slightly different subject lines. I'm guessing one list was anyone who signed up for updates and the other is people who had some sort of season pass for 2019-20. The message was exactly the same.

Received via email late April 2020:​
HELLO, ALTA SKIERS
I hope that this message reaches each of you in good spirits and in good health. Last Sunday marked the day when we had originally planned to turn off the lifts until next winter. As you are well aware, on March 14th, 2020, the Coronavirus pandemic brought an abrupt end to another great ski season at Alta. While the pandemic has not allowed us to operate the ski lifts, we were able to keep the ski area open to uphill traffic, provide base area restrooms and continue some limited grooming. I hope you had the opportunity to responsibly enjoy the beauty, charm and magic of Alta under the unique circumstances of this spring.
The Coronavirus pandemic has significantly altered our individual lives and there is much uncertainty regarding its future impact on our day-to-day lifestyles, the economy and next winter’s ski season. Even as I write this message, most states are currently under some form of a stay-at-home ordinance. Given these uncertainties, now is not the right time to ask Alta skiers to purchase season passes for the 2020-21 season. Please know that we will announce 2020-21 season pass prices before pricing deadlines of other major season pass products.
We recognize that each Alta passholder’s expectations and circumstances relating to the 2019-20 ski season vary and we are in the process of calculating passholder credits based upon the price paid and days skied. These credits will be available later this year for you to use to purchase passes for next season. Our intent is to provide a reasonable and fair approach that can be applied to the wide variety of circumstances of our Alta passholders. Please be patient with us as we work through these uncharted waters.
I look forward to next winter and hope that our Alta community will once again be able to enjoy the beauty and magic of skiing at Alta.
Stay Healthy and Be Well,
Mike Maughan

Last edited:

Tvan

Angel Diva
I wish that skiing for next season was on my radar, but I'm not thinking much past the end of May at this point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna