• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Things every woman skier should know

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From Ski Diva's blogpost:

"• Don’t sweat the helmet hair. It’s not worth it, and besides, we’re all in the same boat. If it really bothers you, bring along a cute beanie and put it on when you take off your helmet."

So where to store that beanie while you're skiing, so it's available when you take a coffee break at the top of the mountain? Why, stuff it inside an arm of your jacket, of course. It won't fall out while you're skiing, and it won't cause an unsightly bulge either.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to say, I don't think so. I am pretty sure it is an urban legend. There are quite a few versions of this tale. "Roll of toilet paper" is a dead giveaway that this isn't a real story... who skis with a roll of toilet paper? Maybe some extra in a pocket if you are really prepared... but a roll? That's just silly.

No, this one was witnessed. My friend is a youth pastor who took a group of kids from his church to Squaw Valley. One of the girls actually did take a small roll of paper with her since they'd been discussing the " what ifs" while on the mountain. So, as you know how silly girl groups can be in Junior high, the toilet paper actually not only made it onto the bus, but on to the slope as well!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
From Ski Diva's blogpost:

"• Don’t sweat the helmet hair. It’s not worth it, and besides, we’re all in the same boat. If it really bothers you, bring along a cute beanie and put it on when you take off your helmet."

So where to store that beanie while you're skiing, so it's available when you take a coffee break at the top of the mountain? Why, stuff it inside an arm of your jacket, of course. It won't fall out while you're skiing, and it won't cause an unsightly bulge either.

I've actually see people do this. It's especially easy if you have a backpack, though I've seen people pull them out of their pockets, too. Some beanies aren't that bulky.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep mine in my sleeve. It takes up no room. At break time I stuff my mittens in the sleeve; that way I can't possibly lose them. Sleeves are great hiding places.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Taught this trip from @pinto, tuck beanie or baseball hat under the gaiter leg of your ski pants, above your boot. The curve of a hat fits around the curve of your leg, the extra bulk is barely noticed in the extra fabric of a ski pant. Great for sunny lunches on the patio in the spring.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Taught this trip from @pinto, tuck beanie or baseball hat under the gaiter leg of your ski pants, above your boot. The curve of a hat fits around the curve of your leg, the extra bulk is barely noticed in the extra fabric of a ski pant. Great for sunny lunches on the patio in the spring.

Clever!

Jilly

Staff member

My friend does that with her cat-tracks. I too put my gloves down my sleeves, unless they are wet. At the top of Tremblant the chairs have a shelf that you can put hats, gloves, neck gaiters. But helmets don't fit! When I wore a hat, the goggles went in the hat to protect them. Now we wear helmets. Too much bother to take them off the helmet.

Elinor

Certified Ski Diva
There are advantages to a lesson or multi-day clinic that is for women only. For some women, it can be worth asking if a female instructor is available even for a group lesson. If you haven't had a lesson from a woman, perhaps give it a try some time.
Totally agree!
Some of the best lessons I've had have been with older women instructors. My heroes! :thumbsup:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna