• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

TheSkiDiva's Rules of Skiing

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:bump: Just happened upon this thread and thought it'd be a fun one to revive. Who has rules they'd like to share?
Thanks for the bump to keep me distracted on this gross weather day!

When you start skiing a lot faster later in the day it’s time to stop skiing. I was told that during my beginner year. When you’re going a lot faster, later, you may not be as much in control. Ski patrol will tell you they get the most injuries in the afternoon.

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know some folks probably have a different stance on this, and maybe I'll change my tune after getting new boots for this season, but since I was a kid my wisdom has been "never take your boots off, or loosen them too much, during breaks." Once the boots come off, I'm done for the day, because there is no convincing myself to put them back on after my feet experience that sweet freedom.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't bemoan the snow conditions and weather if they are not what you were hoping for. Knowing as best you can before getting into the car is #1. And if actual conditions are a surprise, go with the flow; after all you're skiing and out to have fun.

Moses had no idea the Red Sea would part. It's often better to discover challenges than avoid them altogether.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
As a corollary to where to keep wallet and keys...I always carry my "ski wallet": one credit card, license, health insurance card, and a little cash, wrapped in a waterproof ziplock (or something similar - I recently found a clear plastic bi-fold that I now use). I figure this is the minimum amount I need to carry in case I have to be carried off the mtn (whether conscious or not).

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New rules for these latter years:

Have a parking strategy before you leave. (esp pertains to CTW Canyons)

Get up at 5:30 am and out the door before 7 (used to be up at 7 and out door by 8---but that was the good old days).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna