• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Wall O'Snow Challenge: When Will It Disappear?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've posted before about the massive wall o'snow that's taken over the deck at my house.

This was February 29:

2296898842_d9c3360318_o.jpg

And here's how it looks today, April 5, 2008:

2391026296_5757b5619e.jpg

So when do you think it'll disappear?

Anyone care to guess?

I promise I'll keep you updated.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ha! Probably 2nd week in May, at the VERY earliest??? My 2 big piles are down to about 6 feet, one near my garage, the other behind the house. No pics :( My back deck rails only just "reappeared" last Thursday!! Still 3+ feet of snow on it.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WOW!!! Hmmm.... May 15th? Totally arbitrary number...

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does the diva who guesses closest without going over win a mug? :smile:

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I say at the very least mid-may.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say there will still be some little piles of snow on June 1.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Let's do a diva raffle:

pick a date. who is the closest wins lots of DIVA stickers. or other stuff. Sort of like the Alaska Nenana River ice break---bets are made on the day/time of the ice break up. Divas deck melt-off works for me.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okay -- whoever comes closest wins a Diva mug.

Like this one:

SkiDivamug.jpg

But you have to get your guesses in by April 12!

Go for it!

I stand by my June 2nd post.....and I will add that I am saying that it will be ALL GONE (and pretty much dry) on June 2nd!!! :D

Marigee

Angel Diva
I'm going to guess May 10th! I claim no scientific knowledge - just a guess!

SuperMoe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wanna know what the exposure is...southern, northern, etc?

If it's southern...I give it until April 13 at 4:02PM

All other exposures are April 19 at 2:33 PM

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm gonna take May 30, for no reason other than that's little man's 2nd birthday! :becky:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Inspired by itri and her mini Gemini, I'll vote May 27th (my birthday/significantly larger Gemini).

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I wanna know what the exposure is...southern, northern, etc?

If it's southern...I give it until April 13 at 4:02PM

All other exposures are April 19 at 2:33 PM

The exposure is due west. HOWEVER -- there are tons of trees around. It is not sunny.

Does this help?:eyebrows:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
This exposure definitely will make a difference. Inspired by these pics, I just had a good look at my back deck, the rails just showing up. Well, it's not good news: they are bowed! :eek: - and that means there could well be some structural damage to the deck itself from the snow load. Great. Add it to the ever-lengthening list of necessary repairs and expense this spring and summer....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna