• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The US, according to an East Coast skier

newboots

Angel Diva
...Having trouble getting “beautiful Mount Airy Lodge” to stop playing in my head. Uh-oh.

newboots

Angel Diva
... and getting a bit verklempt at the terrible season the Mets are having.

Aha! My opportunity for revenge! Mount Airy ear worm, indeed!

“Meet the Mets, meet the Mets!
Come on down and GREET the Mets!
Bring the kiddies, bring the wife ... “

Meet the Mets

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Meet the Mets

Swing and a miss! That already lives in my head. We had an LP produced by the1969 Mets in our house growing up. That song was on it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There would be a line down the eastern side of the Rockies with "Here be Dragons" on a big blank area . . . I'm guessing.
How about for west coasters who have heard of Whiteface: "Why bother, it's always windy and icy?" :wink:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How about for west coasters who have heard of Whiteface: "Why bother, it's always windy and icy?" :wink:

I have a free pass to ride at their dh bike park, but then I found out that they only serve the very top few black trails by lift. Most of their trails, and all the blue/greens, are served by one small schoolbus that shuttles you up the mountain. 1. That would severaly cut down on the number of runs I could get in a day and 2. I don't want my carbon-frame bike shoved into a schoolbus. Ridiculous layout, especially since people have lots of options for bike parks these days.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member

Meet the Mets

Not to take this thread totally off the rails but I couldn't resist sharing this ~10 year old photo of me:
mr_met.jpg

I do think that that Mets song is one of the worst (best?) earworm songs ever.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also nobody hijacks threads more than I do. I think that like good conversations, threads naturally drift and wander down side roads, which imho makes them interesting.
But I also know that's not a universally-shared view, and that forums need to be searchable and have organizational logic. So I try not to hiack.
Too much.

:wave:

:focus:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing