• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The top 9 ski resorts to visit on a budget

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Snowbrains.com just posted a piece on the top 9 ski resorts to visit on a budget. Interesting, though I think they left out a few things:

• The cost it takes to travel to these resorts; and
• Six were in Canada. Could the US-Canada exchange rate have something to do with it? That isn't made clear.

Anyway, I thought I'd post about it so you could see what they thought.

mustski

Angel Diva
Hmmmm... They took their data from this site's list https://www.hometogo.com/united-states/ski-vacation/#ski-price-index

I find myself questioning their accommodation pricing. They list Mammoth at $77, Squaw at $44, and Alta at $112.00. I would very much like to know where those accommodations are exactly as I would definitely stay at all three of them! They list Mammoth as 15th most affordable??? Seriously, does anyone who attended Diva West last year think Mammoth is one of the more affordable resorts?

Christy

Angel Diva
I can't even get a Days Inn near the tiny eastern Iowa town where my in laws live for those prices. I can't believe those are accurate.

I do think Mission Ridge and Baker are affordable, though they aren't resorts, and you are driving a ways to the nearest hotel. And those prices still seem unrealistically cheap.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Considering Afton Alps in MN and Mt. Hood Ski Bowl as a "ski resort" from a ski travel perspective makes little sense. I doubt very much that any one would even drive more than a couple hours to spend a long weekend to be there for a ski vacation. I can certainly think of plenty of ski areas all over N. America in the same price range that are comparable in terms of ski terrain and low cost lodging and food.

Is a day ticket at Tremblant still only $70?

kiki

Angel Diva
accomodation rate for lake louise seems highly unlikely --is that in a youth hostel?!

Jilly

Staff member
Is a day ticket at Tremblant still only $70?

Maybe in US$'s. And I bet they didn't add in all the taxes. Tremblant is the most expensive place in eastern Canada. But if you take into account the exchange rate of 25-30% depending on the place.....it could be cheap for you Yanks.

mustski

Angel Diva
I'm thinking they are pricing the local youth hostels as accommodation. Even the Motel 6 in Mammoth costs more than that!

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
accomodation rate for lake louise seems highly unlikely --is that in a youth hostel?!
The accommodation rate for Lake Louise is accurate, if that is for one person that is sharing a room with another person. And that is the cost per person. You can definitely get rooms at the Lake Louise Inn and Mountaineer Lodge for about 150 to 200 Canadian a night for double occupancy. The hostel is even cheaper!

CarolB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowbrains.com just posted a piece on the top 9 ski resorts to visit on a budget. Interesting, though I think they left out a few things:

• The cost it takes to travel to these resorts; and
• Six were in Canada. Could the US-Canada exchange rate have something to do with it? That isn't made clear.

Anyway, I thought I'd post about it so you could see what they thought.
Big white is definitely cheaper than Silver Star, which was listed. I have a kitchen unit booked for $150 (Cdn) this weekend

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing