• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Stockli rabbit hole: Nela, SC or AX?

coldthrill

Angel Diva
Congrats on your new skis!

I just bought 2023 Nela 80s and I think they are not very "carve-y" at least, as compared to my cheaper, slightly narrower K2s, which do very well in hard pack and ice.

I found the Nelas a bit more soft on the extreme hard pack of late November in CO. They have more camber than either of my other skis. They were more compliant in soft bumps/skied-out snow and great dampening. I'm excited to ski them in 2 weeks when I'm back in CO and try some easy tree runs.
And congrats on yours too! I tried them yesterday as well and liked them quite a bit. I found they weren't super grippy on ice but were compliant and fun overall. I briefly considered them until I tried the SC. I also tried the MX. Those were super nimble and very good on ice and hardpack, but ran into trouble in pushed-around snow.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad you liked the SC for carving. I love mine. They can skid a turn just fine amd really respond when driven hard in a carved turn
My new storm rider 88 has me more perplexed on hardpack. They are a joy in big soft bumps and trees, but oddly don't like to to a more skidded/schmeared turn on firm snow. Going to try more detuning... SCs are coming back out.

coldthrill

Angel Diva
Glad you liked the SC for carving. I love mine. They can skid a turn just fine amd really respond when driven hard in a carved turn
My new storm rider 88 has me more perplexed on hardpack. They are a joy in big soft bumps and trees, but oddly don't like to to a more skidded/schmeared turn on firm snow. Going to try more detuning... SCs are coming back out.
That's so interesting about the Stormrider. I'm glad you love it in some conditions. I didn't expect to love the SC as much as I did. What binding do you have on it? I'm finding it almost impossible to find it without the SRT binding and plate combo, which I fear could completely change my experience of the ski. So far I've only found one online store that has it with the MC 12 with Fullflex plate, so I'll likely get them there. Ski Essentials and Windham assured me I'd be fine with the SRT binding despite being pretty small (5'5" 121 lbs) but I think they just want the sale.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I admit that I don't know but suspect the standard binding you mention. They are in the attic until spring. I wear a 23 mondo boot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing