• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Recreation Economy Isn't As Resilient As We Thought

marzNC

Angel Diva
Good article. Took me a minute to realize I had to scroll down to find the article with the title "The Recreation Economy Isn't As Resilient As We Thought."

https://www.outsideonline.com/2416295/outdoor-recreation-tourism-economy-covid

Glad to read that Montrose is a model for not being as dependent on tourism as the only major industry for a small town.

My experience in towns in western NC has been that the local government, along with state leaders, have been pro-active in making sure that tourists feel comfortable. One small town set up picnic tables and hand sanitizer stations in open space downtown so that people had places to eat take out food from the local restaurants that don't have outdoor seating.

Brevard Covid tables Jul2020 - 1.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly