• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Olympics thread

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm watching. Love seeing the countries with one or two athletes -- especially the ones from warm weather countries. I'd love to hear their stories!

Mostly I'm impressed by the dancers that are lining the parade route, who haven't stopped moving the entire time. Man, they must be exhausted!

shadoj

Angel Diva
I'm watching. Love seeing the countries with one or two athletes -- especially the ones from warm weather countries. I'd love to hear their stories!
It sure is fun to watch! Ecuador's flag-bearer has dual citizenship and grew up skiing Stowe, still attending school in the northeast:

The moguls qualifiers were pretty wild to watch yesterday!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I saw a piece on the Indian skier - he’s the only Indian in the winter olympics. From Kashmir, which is fraught with challenges - both economic and geopolitical.

I cried a little.

Christy

Angel Diva
I saw a piece on the Indian skier - he’s the only Indian in the winter olympics. From Kashmir, which is fraught with challenges - both economic and geopolitical.

I cried a little.
Oh, I think I remember hearing about him trying to qualify last time! Well done!

Jilly

Staff member
CBC did a bit of pre-game show on their prime time show last night. Lots of talk with former Olympians, including "Eddie the Eagle" and the brakeman from the Jamaican bobsled team. They have some of their "news" people over for the games and will be showing more about the country and local flavour (that China will let them).

The moguls were great!! I'm on the road Sunday morning and won't see the finals live...

teppaz

Angel Diva
Definitely watching: I’m on my way to Big Sky and it’ll be the perfect après!

Goggia was supposed to be the flag bearer for Italy but she flew to China late to spend as much time as possible working on her knee. I can’t believe she’s going to race in her condition.

Jilly

Staff member
Missed that the men's mogul final was this morning. Watched the curling...geez....wrong station. Back to CBC,.

Christy

Angel Diva
Definitely watching: I’m on my way to Big Sky and it’ll be the perfect après!

Goggia was supposed to be the flag bearer for Italy but she flew to China late to spend as much time as possible working on her knee. I can’t believe she’s going to race in her condition.

Oh, I know. It's also so disappointing to have Breezy out--these are the top 2. I wish downhill could be safer. Could it be?

Also surprised to see that Kjetil is racing.

teppaz

Angel Diva
The biathlon mixed relay was amazing. If you want to dip your toes in this sport, this is a great race to start with. The commentators on Peacock were quite good, too.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Missed that the men's mogul final was this morning. Watched the curling...geez....wrong station. Back to CBC,.
I've always dismissed it as Housework on Ice, but the more I watch it the more fascinating the tactics are, very similar in rules to lawn bowls as far as I can see, except more housework...

men's downhill today, Super-G is my favorite spectator sport but I'll take this. Assuming that it actually gets broadcast as there's no local interest in it.

shadoj

Angel Diva
Finally saw the men's moguls. I guess I picked out one of the Japanese favorites by his style -- was actually tipping edges and somewhat forward, rather than slamming the backs of the moguls like the Australians. The women had much more finesse, IMO.

Right now, women's short hill ski jump. Eeeeek! That looks so insane. Talk about long skis! What's sidecut?!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Mostly I'm impressed by the dancers that are lining the parade route, who haven't stopped moving the entire time. Man, they must be exhausted!
I have never met him, and just only learned of him this week, but this Jamaican DJ is the first to ever ski for the country and moved to Jackson Hole to train when he decided to give it a go. A friend told me that he actually did have to qualify and I forget the details of that race, but it was set up for him to succeed. I love the drive and the passion. Here is a link to one of many articles: Jamaican olympic skier

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hell yeah, watching the slopestyle finals was absolutely thrilling, go Zoi!! go NZ!! Our first EVER winter Olympic gold medal, in the history of the games :D

Christy

Angel Diva
Both Mikaela and her boyfriend Aleks going for gold in their best events today! Haha, no pressure.

Should be a terrific night. Hopefully weather doesn't get in the way again.

And how about that 15 year old Russian figure skater? Holy moly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly