• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Olympics thread

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolutely shocking to see, something really must be going on with her mental game, how awful to DNF two events in a row, both at the start of the first run..... I feel awful for her, she looks devastated :(

Christy

Angel Diva
Heartbroken.

I know it's just sports, but I'm heartbroken for her.

And another poor run from Petra, though not beyond salvage. What pressure she faces as well.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heartbroken.

I know it's just sports, but I'm heartbroken for her.

And another poor run from Petra, though not beyond salvage. What pressure she faces as well.
Yes, I was surprised by Petra as well. I was expecting her to bring back the talent I know she has, after her disappointing GS - especially after the CBC commentators saying something along the line of "it's Vlhova vs Shiffrin today!! oh, and some other racers too..."

Really unexpected. This Olympics is proving challenging for a few competitors :(

Lmk92

Angel Diva
The announcer at Men's big air is louder than the TV commentators. It's so hard to listen to, I have to mute it from time to time. I may just turn on CC, but I'm afraid it will pick up the wrong guy.

Christy

Angel Diva
Also, the Peacock broadcasters for these races have to be the least illuminating commentators I've ever heard. I'd been loving the other British guy that was doing World Cup on Peacock--Carlton Kirby? He was terrific, and funny.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I actually was reflecting on that last night. It’s a no win situation for these incomparable athletes, right? They are so good, not getting the gold is a ”failure”… but there can be disastrous consequences for being in the wrong headspace and competing.

Simone’s decision took so much courage, and she was mocked and pilloried by a lot of folks. I hope this gets more attention on the need for athletes to check their minds before they potentially wreck their bodies.

brooksnow

Angel Diva
The announcer at Men's big air is louder than the TV commentators. It's so hard to listen to, I have to mute it from time to time. I may just turn on CC, but I'm afraid it will pick up the wrong guy.
There have been many events where the commentary and background noise are at frustratingly similar levels.. This is on the sound people, do they not listen to the final mix? It's like a concert where you can't hear the singer.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Also, the Peacock broadcasters for these races have to be the least illuminating commentators I've ever heard. I'd been loving the other British guy that was doing World Cup on Peacock--Carlton Kirby? He was terrific, and funny.
Good to know. I'm going to switch.

I hate it when they shove the camera in these people's faces when they have disappointing runs. Give them a minute, could ya? We really don't need to see their anguish.

Jilly

Staff member
If you can get CBC Gem, try it. Or CBC. It @fgor can get it down under, must be available. The announcers for them were not run over by the event announcer. You could hear it in the background only on last night Big Air.

I'm just not interested anymore in ski racing. Love the slopestyle, Big Air and 1/2 pipe stuff. Wish Ballet would come back.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I'm actually also loving the snowboard events. I'm watching the replay of snowboard cross right now.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you can get CBC Gem, try it. Or CBC. It @fgor can get it down under, must be available. The announcers for them were not run over by the event announcer. You could hear it in the background only on last night Big Air.
I watch it through a VPN, it's very worth it :smile:

I discovered the magic of the CBC olympic coverage during the 2018 Winter Games when I was frustrated that there wasn't any way for me to pay to watch the Games in NZ. The only paid method was signing up to a full on satellite TV subscription, when I just wanted to pay for a month of coverage so I could watch the events live on my laptop, and preferably on-demand as well so I could catch up on some events after work/the next day!

Jilly

Staff member
I suggested this on another forum, but they said they couldn't get it. So the Commonwealth is sticking together, yeah!!

Christy

Angel Diva
The Leslie Jones videos where she narrates clips from Olympic events on Instagram/Twitter!

:rotf:

I laughed hardest at the skating videos but the skiing ones were funny too. (Language warning!)

But they are sweet too because she genuinely loves the Olympics and the athletes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna