• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The often-asked Q: Eeeek, what length?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ok this was in Champery (Portes du Soleil) in March 2017. Conditions were not the greatest, a lot of chopped up snow and some icy groomers. It was a low snowfall year but so many acres to ski never ever got bored. As a matter of fact think there are over 300 lifts..... I had a great time skiing the Head Great Joys in a 153 (I think) all over the mountain. BUT having done many ski trips to Europe, I notice that most of the skiers are on way narrower skis.. A lot of the pistes are hardpacked and carving skis are probably easier to handle. (you would know that more than me)
Honestly I found the Great Joys really fun in all conditions. I wanted to buy a pair but also liked the Black Crows I skied the previous week. I'd still buy some Great Joys if I found a deal. My expert skier friend was on the Rossi Savory 7's, and after we skied a chopped up run she commented what an awful run it was and I thought it was really fun with those skis. By the way, the Head Wild Joy @ 90 underfoot might be a compromise. I demoed that one in Tahoe and thought it was a blast!

I ski mostly in Tahoe though with occasional trips out of state/country.

katcha

Diva in Training
Great Joy seems like a right laugh but I remember seeing about 1 person in 30days of skiing in such fat skis. Why is that, I wonder...
There's also Absolut Joy SLR.. A lot more 'normal' looking ;)

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a fan of skis that are a tad short for my height (5’9”) is say go a bit shorter especially for groomers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly