• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The most insane lift ticket prices in North America

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I realize that most of us here have season passes, so the price per day is way less than what's shown here. Still, an interesting video:

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just.. wow.. if you are not in the know to plan ahead with season passes or multi day passes ahead of time, I just do not know how anyone swallows these prices! ESPECIALLY beginners who are not utilizing almost any of the really great terrain on these mountains.

I'm especially salty about Lone Peak tram access being extra at Big Sky now..

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Homewood? Heard it may turn private but absurd. It’s a tiny mountain on the lake but a lot of fun. Have skied there several times. Before season passes, it was great fun to take turns skiing all the Tahoe mountains and there were always “specials” or “deals” to be found.

newbieM

Angel Diva
I am never sure if i enough or reliably enough to get a ski pass. Last year I got one and maybe broke even because my season ended early when I hurt my ankle.

This year I didn’t renew due to finance stuff and some parenting/teen issues that will likely hinder travel but I did end up booking some short weekends to stay at with my bf at his place my bf generously offered to buy me tickets using his f&f discounts. But it limits my ability to go skiing because it’s so expensive.

I would love to take my 10,13 and 15 year old to try it but it is so cost prohibitive even if I save travel by driving to mammoth or big bear. Wish there was a local mountain that was beginner friendly.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I
I am never sure if i enough or reliably enough to get a ski pass. Last year I got one and maybe broke even because my season ended early when I hurt my ankle.

This year I didn’t renew due to finance stuff and some parenting/teen issues that will likely hinder travel but I did end up booking some short weekends to stay at with my bf at his place my bf generously offered to buy me tickets using his f&f discounts. But it limits my ability to go skiing because it’s so expensive.

I would love to take my 10,13 and 15 year old to try it but it is so cost prohibitive even if I save travel by driving to mammoth or big bear. Wish there was a local mountain that was beginner friendly.
Is Mt. Baldy not an option?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just.. wow.. if you are not in the know to plan ahead with season passes or multi day passes ahead of time, I just do not know how anyone swallows these prices! ESPECIALLY beginners who are not utilizing almost any of the really great terrain on these mountains.

I'm especially salty about Lone Peak tram access being extra at Big Sky
We’ve been talking about this for a couple years and are disappointed that other resorts could be looking at Big Sky’s model for possible adoption. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that resorts would charge extra for their iconic lifts for scenic ride purposes or skiing and boarding too. Nothing surprises me.

MissySki

Angel Diva
We’ve been talking about this for a couple years and are disappointed that other resorts could be looking at Big Sky’s model for possible adoption. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that resorts would charge extra for their iconic lifts for scenic ride purposes or skiing and boarding too. Nothing surprises me.
It's just such a shame.. I personally feel like the view at the top of the Big Sky tram is not to be missed on a clear day. I would definitely still pay to go on at least one clear day on a trip there, it's spectacular and the skiing is great too obviously. These sorts of policies only end up hurting those with lesser means when the industry as a whole seems to keep claiming to be doing everything they can to be more inclusive. Yeah right.. how is it making skiing more inclusive when so many resorts are starting to nickel and dime you for everything? Paying for parking, paying to skip the line, and now you can't even access every lift at a resort with one of the most expensive day tickets in the country? I feel like they all keep talking out of both sides of their mouth on this issue.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
The prices in Aspen Snowmass is between $179 - $226 depends on the dates.

Wondering what the season passes(the resort specific) are like (not Ikon, Epic and other similar multi resort passes).......

Aspen Snowmass is $3099 for the premier passes.

:eek:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The prices in Aspen Snowmass is between $179 - $226 depends on the dates.

Wondering what the season passes(the resort specific) are like (not Ikon, Epic and other similar multi resort passes).......

Aspen Snowmass is $3099 for the premier passes.

:eek:
$22 a day for you!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not true. I work on the mountain, so I do not pay.
Even better!

My home hill is actually pretty reasonable for passes. Not a resort, just a smallish hill (1200 vertical, about 110 ac), but one of the closest to Boston. Early season prices for M-Th is under $200. M-F under $400. A little more to add early and late season weekends. And full access under $600. And I think all passes are good all 7 nights of the week.

So if you know you will be skiing and plan ahead, not so bad. Window prices will still add up quickly though.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Even better!

My home hill is actually pretty reasonable for passes. Not a resort, just a smallish hill (1200 vertical, about 110 ac), but one of the closest to Boston. Early season prices for M-Th is under $200. M-F under $400. A little more to add early and late season weekends. And full access under $600. And I think all passes are good all 7 nights of the week.

So if you know you will be skiing and plan ahead, not so bad. Window prices will still add up quickly though.
I am wondering most people now days buy either the Ikon or Epic, not the home mountain passes.....

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My home hill is not on any passes. The year before Ikon came out they had the precursor (Maxx Pass) as an add on for the Gold pass. I get both a weekday pass for Wachusett and an Ikon for travel. It all depends on if you have something close that is on either Ikon or Epic. Wachusett is 1 hr 15 away from me. The closest Ikon is more like 3 hrs. The closest Epic is 2 hrs. (All times idealized for no traffic.) You have to work with what you've got. But yes, if there were a mountain closer to me on a mega pass that had unlimited access, I would likely go with that. Lacking that, I'm glad that Wachusett has reasonable pass prices.

Jilly

Staff member
For most of the resorts on the Multi passes, there is a locals only option. But it usually comes with restrictions. And sometimes not that much cheaper than the base price pass.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Way back in the day the Jackson Hole tram was extra...per ride! This was a very long time ago, but the concept is not that new. Thankfully it is still part of the all mountain ticket. The resort also offers a greatly discounted green lifts only ticket which can help new skiers and snowboarders.

Another local resort, Snowking, used to sell lift tickets in 2 hr increments which was actually super fun. I don't think that they still do.

The season passes sold out fast and day tickets over holiday rush also sold out at Jackson Hole.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I think Snowbird has always done this with the tram being extra...... And even Taos has season passes that include/not include Kachina.....agree w @snoWYmonkey don't think it's a new concept.....

Jilly

Staff member
Even before Covid many of the hills in Ontario and Quebec had 4 hour tickets. These places all had night skiing, so 8:30 to 10 or 11pm.

Our local hill is going to do the 4 hour window for this coming season. Not interested in that.

newbieM

Angel Diva
I

Is Mt. Baldy not an option?
I just learned about Mt badly and I’m going to try and check it out. But for a newbie it seems a bit of a scary mountain. It’s also just intimidating to go alone. I hear they don’t have any kid rentals so doesn’t sound like a great place to take the kids for there first outing.

I was also considering Mt High but lift tickets range from $100-120 so for me to take my three kids is $500 for a single day and that is before I rent any gear for them.

It seems crazy to spend $500+ for my beginners to try it for the first time. I wish there was a “let’s hook kids” rate.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly