• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Miracle of Stain Removal

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Want to see a vanishing act?

Get a load of this stain on the arm of my ski jacket:

56649930686__BCC26596-7D41-4CFE-9226-72B7620A7FB7-1.JPG

I have no idea how it happened. All I can say is I looked down, and there it was. Not only there, but on the front of my jacket, where my it'd made contact with my arm. AND on the top of my ski pants.

As you can imagine, I was pretty distraught.

Now get a load of this:

IMG_8263.JPG

Presto, chango, it's gone!

Seems like magic, right? Well, it is! It's the magic of a stain removal treatment!

This has been on the forum before, and it's the procedure I used:

1. Spray each stain with WD-40, and let set for at least a half hour or more. (I did 45 minutes)
2. Put a small amount of Dawn dish soap on each stain, and scrub it into the stain with a toothbrush.
3. As it starts to release with off (blot off) with paper towels.
4. Continue until it the stains are not visible.
5. If the stains are still visible, do steps 1 - 4 again. (I had to repeat those steps once.)
6. Wash off the affected areas with cold water in the sink.
7. Wash the item according to it's instructions
8. If after washing the stain(s) is still visible: DO NOT PUT IN THE DRYER
9. If stains are still visible, start the process again.

As you can see, it worked. Not only on the arm of my jacket, but the front of my jacket, too. And on the leg of my pants.

I'm breathing a big sigh of relief. I love both the jacket and the pants, and I was NOT happy.

If you have a bad stain, give it a try.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yikes. I'd be distraught too.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Beautiful job! How did the waterproofing hold up? I ended up buying some of the spray on Nik-whatever-the-waterproofing-is-called for the rear end of my pants that I de-stained.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful job! How did the waterproofing hold up? I ended up buying some of the spray on Nik-whatever-the-waterproofing-is-called for the rear end of my pants that I de-stained.

I reapplied the waterproofing -- spray-on NikWax -- before I threw the jacket and pants in the dryer.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Anyone have any thoughts on using this method for a down mid layer where the outer material is a bit thinner? I had mine in my lap at a brewery this past weekend and of course dropped a little dab of beer cheese on the neck of it. It’s really not obvious if you aren’t looking for it and is actually on the inner neck area, but I’d like to try and get it out anyway. I ordered some tech wash to do some of my outer wear next weekend anyway, so might as well tackle this as well if I can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly