• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The dreaded googles tan

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
Hi guys, I realize this is a very superficial topic but I wanted to know how you combat the goggle tan.

We were in Mammoth last week and had beautiful blue bird days... which also meant I was slowly working on my goggle tan :cry: Do you guys have any favorite ski masks that have UPF? Or anything really?

I'm a sunscreen lover and slather that thing on my face and lips, but I just tan so easily regardless.

TIA!

Jenny

Angel Diva
LOL, I fight it by skiing in Michigan, where it's usually cloudy and grey!

When we’re somewhere with sun, I still have my neck gaiter pulled up over my chin, since I hate the wind on my neck. Between that and the goggles covering up so much else of my face, there's very little left to put sunscreen on. Also, the Face Saver, usually used for cold and wind, does a good job of protecting against sun.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I discovered the Face Saver at Alta quite a few years ago. Not only is it use when it's cold, I also wear it in the spring in order to not have to re-apply sunscreen quite so often. Only sold in shops near Park City where the creator lives. But can order online.

I've been using the Seirus Comboclava for yrs, just traded it for their new Magneclava - same idea, just a magnetic closure for the bottom of the mask.

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks everyone! I was using a SmartWool neck gaiter and it was just so uncomfortable that I pretty much took it off immediately.

Recs for your favorite lip balm with SPF in? Sadly my tried and true aquaphor + SPF failed me.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha, i burn so easily that I wear a balaclava more in spring than I do in winter, because I'm more likely to burn/tan in spring! I have a mons royale merino balaclava, the santa rosa i think

I still have to tuck it into my goggles a tiny bit to stop my nose from being exposed but surprisingly i don't have fogging problems in spring like I do in winter.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I converted to an airhole mask, because I kept my balaclava up all day skiing anyway and got a lot of skin irritation from the moisture when breathing through it. If it's cold, I wear a balaclava as well.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use Dermatone on my lips and face. It also helps prevent windburn. I buy the stuff in the tin which seems to be easiest to get more to put on my face. https://www.dermatone.com/ Available in ski shops, Amazon for certain. If this doesn't do it for lips, the next stage is zinc but it usually tastes icky.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha. I wear my goggle tan with a badge of honor. Though I do use sunscreen most sunny days. Luckily I have olive toned skin so burning is rare if never for me

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Haha. I wear my goggle tan with a badge of honor. Though I do use sunscreen most sunny days. Luckily I have olive toned skin so burning is rare if never for me
Same here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly