• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Date Boat

geargrrl

Angel Diva
DH bought another cat, 14', that we can run as a two-seater aka tandem cat. The tubes he bought last year went bad, so he got some new ones under warranty. We got to take it out on the South Fork of the Payette in Idaho over Labor Day. This was the virgin run of The Date Boat.

It was just our luck on one of our runs a pro photographer was out there. Our friends did the unthinkable and had three catarafts surfing simultaneously in the river wide surf wave!! and then it was our turn. I bought the full set of files and am going to have some printed up.

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5104.JPG

Our buddies
IMG_5073.JPG

Here is the whole series
https://picasaweb.google.com/10319889134

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow. I wish I could have been there.

I went to the link you gave, but it shows "Internal Server Error" and I couldn't see the other photos.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Try this one? It's the one picasa says to use to direct link.
https://picasaweb.google.com/103198891343666684242/PayetteRiverCats?authuser=0&feat=directlink

or maybe
https://picasaweb.google.com/103198891343666684242

The "cataraft" is a new style of whitewater boat, been around for about 20 years. They are extremely popular in the Northwest here. While there are bigger boats that you can load up with cargo, they are mostly considered sport boats. As in, a cataraft is to a raft as a sports car is to a pickup truck.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That link worked. Love the photos.

Christy

Angel Diva
That looks so fun.
Geargrrl, if a person was going to do a commercial trip on an Idaho river, what would you recommend?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
oops sorry. Let me translate into English for you.

DH bought another cat, 14', that we can run as a two-seater aka tandem cat.

My husband bought another cataraft that is 14' long. His other one, is a single seater, and is 12' long. Usually these sport boats are set up for just one person, so having it set up for a passenger is kind of a cool bonus.
Is that better?:smile:

As for doing a commercial trip in Idaho, any idea where you might be? R.O.W (River Odysseys West) is a very reputable company that does both one day and over night trips. There are lots of options, from scenic but fairly tame floats, to really exciting, and some fabulous overnighters, too.

Christy

Angel Diva
As for doing a commercial trip in Idaho, any idea where you might be?

I want to spend some time in the Sawtooths and in the Ketchum area next summer, but would be happy to drive to wherever. I've never rafted in Idaho but I know there are some legendary rivers there. Thanks for the company recommendation--that's the perfect starting point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna