• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The best bras and underwear for skiing

newboots

Angel Diva
For what it's worth, Boody's clothes are made of bamboo, which holds moisture like cotton does.

It's never been a problem for me. All my underwear is bamboo, and it's incredibly comfortable. Summer included. Perhaps it is related to how the threads are spun, or how they are made into fabric?

ddskis

Certified Ski Diva
Anyone have a recommendation for a good racerback tank w/shelf bra? I really want the racer back as I have a surgically repaired clavicle and regular camisole straps always fall down on that side no matter what grrrr
Bonus points if merino, bamboo, etc

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boody's has a racerback bra now. I'm not sure if they have a shelf, it's described an "underbust ribbing".

Thanks to @newboots for the Boody lead. I've added copious amounts of tanks, undies, socks, short sleeve tops and even a pair of capris since my first order. This line is absolutely incredible for my cold weather activities and my life in Florida where (often unbearable) heat and humidity is part of the lifestyle.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How did I miss this great thread! :becky:

I do have special ski underwear - it's all merino wool! Can't imagine wearing anything else. The brands that worked in bras are smartwool, icebreaker, ibex, mons roayle. For panties, mainly boyshort style I like smartwool and stoic (bacckoutnry.com brand). Icebreaker boyshorts give me a muffin top because of the elastic they use on top of the boyshorts. I am seriosly intrigues by Duluth and googling it right now! :smile:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I am seriosly intrigues by Duluth and googling it right now!
If you decide to try Duluth underwear, wait for a sale. They have frequent 20 and even 30% off sales, and undies are a frequent sale item. I often buy a pair to top-off a shopping cart to qualify for free shipping, etc.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you decide to try Duluth underwear, wait for a sale. They have frequent 20 and even 30% off sales, and undies are a frequent sale item. I often buy a pair to top-off a shopping cart to qualify for free shipping, etc.
Agree! There are some good sales from Duluth on underwear. This reminds me to resign up for their emails again. I dumped all my Ex Officios for Duluth's Armachillo and Buck Naked. Love to wear them when I (used to) travel.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So not necessarily for skiing, but has anyone tried anything from meundies.com? A bralette with a cute skier print popped up in my feed yesterday. Looks like you can get matching undies too (both men's and women's, so you can match with yourself or anyone else.) I'm tempted, but don't know the brand.

MissySki

Angel Diva
So not necessarily for skiing, but has anyone tried anything from meundies.com? A bralette with a cute skier print popped up in my feed yesterday. Looks like you can get matching undies too (both men's and women's, so you can match with yourself or anyone else.) I'm tempted, but don't know the brand.

I have a pair of the underwear and they’re very comfy. Can’t speak to the bralettes though.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't know anything about the brand but I looked at their band sizing. Technically, with a 25" under bust I would be an XS, 26.5"-28.5", rib cage. A person with that size underbust would wear a 28-30 band. That said, they compare their bra sizing to 32A,30B,32B. This means they're adding 3.5-4" to their band size, 26.5+4=30.5, 28.5+4=32.5. This means their XS band measures 30" or more. That's a good 5" larger than my rib cage. Bra support comes mostly from the band so unless the bands are extremely firm these bras would be a no go for me. If you can get the correct band size without adding 4" and your correct cup size then the bras would probably be OK. Bra sizing can be a challenge with any brand because there is no "rhyme or reasoning" to sizing.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't know anything about the brand but I looked at their band sizing. Technically, with a 25" under bust I would be an XS, 26.5"-28.5", rib cage. A person with that size underbust would wear a 28-30 band. That said, they compare their bra sizing to 32A,30B,32B. This means they're adding 3.5-4" to their band size, 26.5+4=30.5, 28.5+4=32.5. This means their XS band measures 30" or more. That's a good 5" larger than my rib cage. Bra support comes mostly from the band so unless the bands are extremely firm these bras would be a no go for me. If you can get the correct band size without adding 4" and your correct cup size then the bras would probably be OK. Bra sizing can be a challenge with any brand because there is no "rhyme or reasoning" to sizing.
I hate this bs +4" with band sizing and bra sizing inconsistencies. Despite being small of bust, I find it quite uncomfortable and at times outright painful to have excess movement, especially during sports. That being said, I LOVE a good sports bra and often wear an underwired sports bra with adjustable straps (i.e. can be changed from racerback to non-racerback straps) as a daily bra. My bugbear is that they often don't make matching sports undies for them - I would love moisture-wicking performance underwear to match in the same way my merino sets match. My underbust measures a snug 27.5-28" and I usually wear 30B/C (Berlei, underwired- always at least support Level 3 + some with actual light padding) and a range including some 30B/C and 28C/D from Shock Absorber (crazy how well they can support without wires, but the seam lines are hideous for showing through things) as well as XS in the "flatten it down crop-top" sports bras. Those are my top recommendations for affordable/cheap/often discounted sports bras for those with small ribcage+small bust although you do have to buy online as many places do not stock those sizes.

For skiing, because I nearly always wear compression as a base layer I tend to go for merino crop top "sports bras" (aka, basically a padded crop top) or compression-style sports bras, and alternate between merino undies and the Uniqlo Airsm Shaper half shorts. The latter are a more recent discovery for skiing - they breathe, have a nice high, wide waistband (which means it's easy to pull everything down to go to the bathroom when I have a compression, merino and insulator layer on...) and don't have seams on the leg holes to dig in.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have 4 different colors of this one

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna