• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The best bras and underwear for skiing

Blondeinabmw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that I have entered that perimenopausal phase, I have my own personal micro-climate that usually borders somewhere in the rainforest category. I sweat. Last time I was skiing in a "regular" bra, I was absolutely freezing after a while because I quite literally sweat through the whole thing and was damp from the inside out. I did recently buy some more wicking undergarments, which helped, but I think I may try the Soma cooling bra or the lightest lift version this time around which promises to draw moisture away.

newboots

Angel Diva
You're luckier than me. Never got a power surge while I was skiing or freezing on a chair.

It does get cold, though, after the Big Sweat!

I have a new doctor, closer to home, who has a new (hormonal) idea about my bouts of extreme fatigue. A possible answer, with hot flashes continuing 20 years after menopause being part of the puzzle!

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
I've had good luck with the Icebreaker Siren bikini. It stays put (essential when wearing layers and gloves!) and I prefer to buy wool when I can. The ExOfficio Give-N-Go hipster style also stays put well, but the technical fabric tends to smell if it's a sweatier outing - I don't know that I would use them for inbounds hiking or touring. Still looking for the perfect sports bra that wicks sweat, but that isn't too restrictive.

melchap

Certified Ski Diva
If it works for any other form of exercise or works for skiing. No bra works too. All the other layers hide bits which is the only reason I wear a bra. Or maybe I wear any sport bra or yoga crop top I have ...for extra warmth not support.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I’ll have to look at Duluth - I like the other stuff I’ve gotten there.

I recently discovered Duluth and have replaced all my underpants with various Duluth styles. I haven’t tried any of their bras. Last time I was in the store, the only bra colors left in my size were teal and bright pink.

Off topic... I also bought two Duluth knit dresses that fit well and wash like a dream.

Back on topic... for skiing, I wear regular underpants and sports bras, then a winter weight fleece lined under armor mock turtleneck. Plenty warm.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy New Year’s Eve Divas. Just wanted to share that Boody is having a 30% off sale today only on any item that is white. Thanks for the recommendation. I look forward to my first order.

kiranbot

Certified Ski Diva
Happy New Year’s Eve Divas. Just wanted to share that Boody is having a 30% off sale today only on any item that is white. Thanks for the recommendation. I look forward to my first order.

For what it's worth, Boody's clothes are made of bamboo, which holds moisture like cotton does.

Not a huge deal for underwear at a resort, but
wouldn't get a bamboo base layer. (I'm very sweaty and also very cold-sensitive, so ymmv.)

AppleJacks207

Certified Ski Diva
It's amazing how anything can become a marketing opportunity! But now I want to try some merino underpants, so...

Kinda jealous of the divas who can ski sans bra! My Moving Comfort Maia sports bra is my go-to for hitting the slopes because it holds everything very firmly in place and doesn't smush my breasts into the dreaded uniboob.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a wool sports bra? I don’t need much in the way of support etc. I’m super disappointed to find that Smartwool just doesn’t seem to work for me. I’ve tried both a small (which is the size I measure to on their size chart) and the medium now and that’s still causing lots of bulging skin around my armpits.. I am NOT a size large bra, in fact I can pretty much go without a bra except that asthestically I prefer to use one.. Since I can’t find them to try on in person, I’ve given up on ordering and returning Smartwool through the mail.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks, this could be one to try as it looks much more generously cut under the arms where I am having the bulging issue with Smartwool!
Google around! Shouldn't have to pay full price!

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For what it's worth, Boody's clothes are made of bamboo, which holds moisture like cotton does.

Not a huge deal for underwear at a resort, but
wouldn't get a bamboo base layer. (I'm very sweaty and also very cold-sensitive, so ymmv.)
I was not aware. Thank you. My go to is merino in undies and baselayer while active. Hasn’t failed me yet! I do, however, prefer much softer fabric while traveling and will be testing all the bamboo. I did my workout last night in my Boody socks and they performed amazing for my sweaty feet.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I recently made myself some sports bras out of merino and power wool. A-maz-ing. Finally a soft wool bra, not too compressive, that's the fabric I want.

Attachments

• 78869021_10216197241463432_3464283323457601536_o.jpg
    78869021_10216197241463432_3464283323457601536_o.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 79326631_10216197242783465_4570323627941036032_o.jpg
    79326631_10216197242783465_4570323627941036032_o.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member