• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The 50 most affordable places to ski in North America

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
HometoGo ranked the most affordable ski destinations in North America, and damn! Skiing is expensive, if you're buying a day pass, lunch, rentals, and accommodations. I don't know how a family can afford it. Still, I think the list is rather suspect. There are a lot of small places that are more affordable.

Anyway, here's the list.

Some takeaways:

Sugar Bowl Resort in California has the cheapest rental prices for ski equipment this season.

Mount Hood Skibowl in Oregon has the cheapest single-day lift tickets in North America, at just $53.

Silver Star Mountain in British Columbia has the lowest lunch prices of all the resorts in this year’s ranking.

Mission Ridge Ski Area in Washington has the cheapest accommodation prices, at $43.98 per person per night.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Interesting! Sunday River ranks 11’th. I’m not you can get actually get a buger, fries, and soda for $12.95, I’ll have to check in person soon. I swear I always spend almost $20 anywhere I eat lunch on a mountain! Though I don’t often stop for lunch at SR, so I’m not positive.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Agree the list is suspect after looking at Tahoe resorts. Doubt you can stay anywhere at Northstar for $92 per night. Lunch at $24 is probably realistic even though I usually get soup for less than that. High performance demo skis can be rented at $80 per day - last year's price.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Agree the list is suspect after looking at Tahoe resorts. Doubt you can stay anywhere at Northstar for $92 per night. Lunch at $24 is probably realistic even though I usually get soup for less than that. High performance demo skis can be rented at $80 per day - last year's price.

I don't think you saw this at the end:

The lunch price includes a cheeseburger with fries and a soda at a mid-range restaurant on the ski slopes. The lunch data was sourced using online menus. The accommodation price is the average price per person to stay in a 4-person vacation rental found on HomeToGo close to the resort, for one night between the dates of November 17, 2018 and April 20, 2019. Our own metasearch data provided this information.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don't think you saw this at the end:

The lunch price includes a cheeseburger with fries and a soda at a mid-range restaurant on the ski slopes. The lunch data was sourced using online menus. The accommodation price is the average price per person to stay in a 4-person vacation rental found on HomeToGo close to the resort, for one night between the dates of November 17, 2018 and April 20, 2019. Our own metasearch data provided this information.
You are correct! I did not see that! Thanks for pointing it out.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm thinking the Canadian resorts have had the currency changed. Tremblant should not rank where it is.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stowe #25???? Isn't Stowe famous for being the highest prices on the east coast? Something is off here. The website notes: "These prices were researched in fall 2018 and may include discounts that are offered to customers who buy in advance."

Christy

Angel Diva
I think it's tough to judge lodging in this way. They are assuming there are four adults splitting a vacation rental home four ways, somewhere near the resort. There's just too much variation in private rentals plus most of us don't get to split the cost of lodging four ways. I think it would have been better to look at hotel prices.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I think it's tough to judge lodging in this way. They are assuming there are four adults splitting a vacation rental home four ways, somewhere near the resort. There's just too much variation in private rentals plus most of us don't get to split the cost of lodging four ways. I think it would have been better to look at hotel prices.

I agree. Unless I’m going on a group trip out west, I’m usually looking for a hotel for 2 max.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna