• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

That is it!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you teaching, or recreationally skiing?
Are you a racer doing a lot of training?
Did some of those days happen above the equator and some below?
In other words, how did you do that?
Were all your days at Aspen?

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Mostly recrrecreational. 18 days of that, I volunteered on a mountain
How? The season opened on 11/25 and ended on 4/28. Went up to ski most days.

MissySki

Angel Diva
How many hours do you ski everyday, do you have the whole day out each day? I originally planned to live at my rental in Maine this season, but ended up deciding that I didn't feel it was worth it to go out just for a lunch hour everyday which is all I would have available for the most part. Not worth it to me meaning because I prefer my home office in MA to work. I plan to make things more accommodating in my condo for next season since I'll still be working from home.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Most of us who live in a ski town, at least for a season like me, do not ski all day as those visitors. We do have life to live and work to do. :smile:
I ski average of 2 to 3 hours a day. When the condition was so tough, I have skied 2 runs then went home. The moto is get down safely and ski the next day.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow! I'm very unlikely to ever live locally to a ski field, but I can see how it would be easier to rack up days if you can get in a couple of runs around the rest of your day. Was that pretty much every day of the season?

elemmac

Angel Diva
Not worth it to me meaning because I prefer my home office in MA to work. I plan to make things more accommodating in my condo for next season since I'll still be working from home.
I found myself in a very similar situation, I was working from home and had my home office set up. 1/2 way through the season I ended up setting up a desk, with monitor and docking station in the condo. It became just as comfortable and accommodating as my home office (with the exception that I didn't have a door...ever get that feeling that someone is watching you constantly....

IMG_4258.jpg).

To me, the lunch break runs were worth it when the snow was good, or on days I could work flexible hours (start early or end late and take a 2 hour lunch).

MissySki

Angel Diva
I found myself in a very similar situation, I was working from home and had my home office set up. 1/2 way through the season I ended up setting up a desk, with monitor and docking station in the condo. It became just as comfortable and accommodating as my home office (with the exception that I didn't have a door...ever get that feeling that someone is watching you constantly....

View attachment 15780).

To me, the lunch break runs were worth it when the snow was good, or on days I could work flexible hours (start early or end late and take a 2 hour lunch).

Haha what a cute coworker you've got there! :love:

A monitor would make such a big difference! I can't stand working off of a laptop for any length of time after having to do that exclusively in the beginning of the pandemic. I very routinely work with my dual monitors, so even having just one monitor to use in addition to the laptop screen would be really helpful. Will definitely be thinking about what will make the most sense for a better setup in Maine for next winter. Some coworkers with more limited space have USB attachable monitors that fold up for storage (I haven't seen them myself, so not sure exactly if I'd like that. In theory it sounds good though.).

I actually will be working from there next Friday because I'm having the carpets and upholstery cleaned then. I have half days on Fridays and they are pretty lowkey, so shouldn't be too bad with just the laptop. Too bad the season is over, otherwise I'd go ski after I let the cleaner in haha!

Last edited:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did this as well for a while from my ski condo, but I realized I could actually get more "active" time in at my primary residence and the novelty wore off -- ie I could get up and bike / hike / surf either before/ during lunch and or after work. Generally getting in more time and multiple activities each day. I found I didn't get as much time in on the hill as I wanted to b/c I was dealing with when the mountain opened and closed, unless I was xc skiing after or going for a quick skin. But I did ski at different times then I normally would have and got into this 'late' after noon schedule where I could ski until closing and still get back on line and 'work' until 5:00 :smile:

I will say one other factor is in my ski town the internet provider sucks. And now that we are moving away from telephonic to mostly zoom it has been harder rationalize being there and having poor service when I really need to be on video. So I plan trips based on when I don't have such a heavy meeting schedule.....

Last edited:

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Are you teaching, or recreationally skiing?
Are you a racer doing a lot of training?
Did some of those days happen above the equator and some below?
In other words, how did you do that?
Were all your days at Aspen?
And yes, all in Aspen. We have four mountains. All days were in those four mountains. I have a condo in Aspen. I am there simply to ski.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I did this as well for a while from my ski condo, but I realized I could actually get more "active" time in at my primary residence and the novelty wore off -- ie I could get up and bike / hike / surf either before/ during lunch and or after work. Generally getting in more time and multiple activities each day. I found I didn't get as much time in on the hill as I wanted to b/c I was dealing with when the mountain opened and closed, unless I was xc skiing after or going for a quick skin. But I did ski at different times then I normally would have and got into this 'late' after noon schedule where I could ski until closing and still get back on line and 'work' until 5:00 :smile:

I will say one other factor is in my ski town the internet provider sucks. And now that we are moving away from telephonic to mostly zoom it has been harder rationalize being there and having poor service when I really need to be on video. So I plan trips based on when I don't have such a heavy meeting schedule.....
To me, no other activities beats skiing. Also, I could do other activities like kayaking at our lake house during the warm season. No way I would do anything else and miss skiing.
Even skiing 144 days, still not enough.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very envious that you have a job that lets you do this :smile: Really living the dream!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly