• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tennis, anyone?

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just curious ... we're in the second week of the US Open ...

It's my main sport besides skiing, my year-round sport. Anyone else?

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to play a lot. I played one season in Volvo league and on a Dominos Pizza team tennis team. But I burned out over the course of about 7 years.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I play lots, all year around. I've started playing some tournament mixed doubles and I'm having tons of fun.
I went to the Open last week. It was great. I saw Djakovic play in Louis Armstrong, and Federer and Sharaova practicing. I love going to the early days. You see so many new young players, up close.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I play lots, all year around. I've started playing some tournament mixed doubles and I'm having tons of fun.
I went to the Open last week. It was great. I saw Djakovic play in Louis Armstrong, and Federer and Sharaova practicing. I love going to the early days. You see so many new young players, up close.

Yes, definitely it's the best going to the first week of a big tournament. You get to see all sorts of players up close on the outside courts. And qualifying is pretty good, too. The matches are intense. These are the players scratching and clawing to get into the rankings and start earning any sort of living.

We haven't been to the US Open in 11 years, but I think we'll go next year. We used to go to Indian Wells and San Diego back when we lived in Southern California. That was very fun. The kids are old enough to go now, and they'd enjoy it.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to play a lot. I played one season in Volvo league and on a Dominos Pizza team tennis team. But I burned out over the course of about 7 years.

Burned out on ... the team stuff? Competition? Or just playing?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I play only inconsistently now and am a much better spectator!

I was a ball girl at the 2004 and 2005 Legg Mason Tennis Classic, so I've seen some really good men's tennis really up close. :D I went to the US Open yesterday and saw nearly every remaining marquee player on the practice court: Nadal, Haas, Roddick, Blake, Henin, the Williams sisters, etc. I've got to get there earlier in the fortnight next year!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna