• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Telluride Recommendations?

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks to the suggestions from Divas last spring, we booked a trip to Telluride for next month. I'd love some suggestions on how to ski the mountain (where to start, trail progressions, etc.), and any (casual) dining recommendations you may have. There will be 4 of us (me, DH, 14-year-old DS1, and 12-year-old DS2). We are all strong skiers who are comfortable on any black, and some double blacks. I love the trees out west (where there is actual snow and space between them), and DS1 loves to ski the craziest lines I'll allow him to. We'd love to do some "hike to" trails, but I also don't want to get in over my head. The kids are stronger skiers than us, so we push ourselves to not hold them back, but also don't want to injure or kill ourselves in the process!

Also, are tree wells a thing at Telluride? I have a healthy fear of them, though I've never really encountered them!

Thanks!

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's been a while since I went to Telluride to check it out. I remember the trail signs were some of the best. I wasn't really looking to ski trees back then so can't help there. No one in my crew was interested in hiking.

Here's the trip report from 2018:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thank you, @marzNC ! That was VERY helpful!
For what it's worth, my impression is that while there are lots of people who enjoy Telluride on a regular basis, most of them are not the type to be hanging around an online ski forum. Many ski clubs go to Telluride on a regular basis and get rooms in a Mountain Village condo complex.

Rode up with a mother and daughter while skiing solo that trip in 2018. The family was from Boston and included four kids. Once the kids were all skiing well after learning the northeast, they quit skiing in that region. Had a condo on the mountain and left their ski gear there. As we got towards the top of the Plunge lift, the mom asked the girl what trail she wanted to ski. The girl saw her father and siblings (probably boys) on Mammoth and wanted to go that way. There were so many people I figured not much risk for me to ski there solo and dropped in as well. There was a foot of fresh snow on top of big bumps underneath. Took a bit of work to finish the run.

Looking up and down from near where Mammoth and Joint Point (blacks) come together, the dots are people
Telluride powder 20Feb2018 - 1.jpegTelluride powder 20Feb2018 - 2.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna