• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tell me about your ski quiver!

tri-ski-pucker

Diva in Training
What is the centre point of your boots, verus the centre point of the ski? There is an arrow on the edge of the ski for this.

That is the position that @volklgirl is talking about.
i was just approximating because that thin mark (no arrow) is so hard to see on the first year SOS top sheet. my center of boot is on that recommended mounting mark on ski, which i found with two pairs of glasses on, but still feel it is too far forward. was just curious how the mount position may differ from @volklgirl

Spark

Certified Ski Diva
90' Rossignol Viper X (rippers, old from my Ontario Canada ski days)
Living in North Vancouver, current BC ski quiver:
21/22 Volkl Secret 96 (170 cm) newest addition, my all-mountain ski
2010 Prior Husume 115 (173cm) now my early season rock skis
2021 DPS Pagoda 100RP special edition (179) my new touring skis
2010 DPS Yvetter 112RP (178) my old touring skis and now my inbound powder skis

Attachments

• IMG_9877.jpg
    IMG_9877.jpg
    823.2 KB · Views: 10

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
90' Rossignol Viper X (rippers, old from my Ontario Canada ski days)
Living in North Vancouver, current BC ski quiver:
21/22 Volkl Secret 96 (170 cm) newest addition, my all-mountain ski
2010 Prior Husume 115 (173cm) now my early season rock skis
2021 DPS Pagoda 100RP special edition (179) my new touring skis
2010 DPS Yvetter 112RP (178) my old touring skis and now my inbound powder skis
Love the Secret 96! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore skis and can better spend my money elsewhere (aka clinics/lessons/trips) but if I find a good bargain on them I may just have to get them... I feel like with inflation ski prices are going to skyrocket...

Spark

Certified Ski Diva
Love the Secret 96! I keep telling myself I don't need anymore skis and can better spend my money elsewhere (aka clinics/lessons/trips) but if I find a good bargain on them I may just have to get them... I feel like with inflation ski prices are going to skyrocket...
The Secrets replaced my Prior Husumes which were a stiff ski. I like a stiff ski. I was pleasantly surprised how stable and maneuverable the Secrets were at high speed. I was unsure with the length as I prefer a longer ski (ht 5'8") but loved how they felt when I demoed them. Demoing is so key for me. I also lucked out with an end of season sale. They were the last pair in 170.

Covie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not going to lie, I was kind of intimidated to try these skis after some of the feedback I received here, but I found them very easy and fun to ski on the groomers. Highly recommend to advanced skiers if one wants an easier going (non-FIS) GS ski! First time being on something sub 97mm!
View attachment 19536
Ohhhh baby! I found a pair of these at a used shop and I keep thinking about them. The quiver I want to have is a bad ass GS-like ski and a moment Sierra, or possibly the hot mess. Does Moment ever go in sale?

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhhh baby! I found a pair of these at a used shop and I keep thinking about them. The quiver I want to have is a bad ass GS-like ski and a moment Sierra, or possibly the hot mess. Does Moment ever go in

Ohhhh baby! I found a pair of these at a used shop and I keep thinking about them. The quiver I want to have is a bad ass GS-like ski and a moment Sierra, or possibly the hot mess. Does Moment ever go in sale?
Moments sometimes go on sale in the spring on their "Ski Burger" website! The website isn't up right now but they'll often try and offload stock in the spring. Otherwise, not sure how much luck you'll have finding them on sale!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chat or Call the factory. When I was there they certainly had prior year models. I bought the outgoing to-sheet in July at about $150 discount.

Jenired

Angel Diva
current quiver for Jackson Hole:
Stockli Nela 80 165
Coalition Snow Rebel 168
DPS Nina 99 168 (touring)
Moment Sierra 172
Coalition snow SOS 173 (probably selling.....)
Line Pandora 110 170 (just got a '22 pair on sale, but have not mounted yet)
considering adding a pair of RMU Valhalla 97 or 107
Would love to hear how you like the Pandora 110. They are on my list. In Jackson now. Demoing the Faction Mana 3.0 tomorrow: not a lot of 106+ underfoot to demo right now in the village

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I just went through my quiver here at the cottage. Checking to see what needs work. My rock skis need a tune up. Since they will be the first skis skied, I'll get that done shortly. The other 2 pairs don't need any work. I mean when you can still the base structure, nothing needs to be done.

So only work is binding adjust if needed with the new boots.
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm curious as to how "rock skis" work. Are they simply skis used at the beginning and end of the season? Are they always in the car, for just in case (and in that case, do you swap out as conditions dictate)? If we're looking at cheap used skis for rock skis, should we be looking for something that's a bit heavier, or would a lighter ski work? Most of us here have just one pair of skis, and I think if we're going to add to our collection (some of us are overdue), then it seems we should either be looking to retire our current skis to "rock" status, or taking better care of the ones we're using now, and adding a rock ski to the quiver. (I didn't realize how bad my son's were until I took them in for a tune. Yikes) Dumb questions, I know, but this is an expensive sport (especially with 4 of us), and mistakes are pretty costly!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm curious as to how "rock skis" work. Are they simply skis used at the beginning and end of the season?
My 2011 Black Pearls are now "rock skis." That means I don't care if the bases get scratched or dinged up when there isn't enough snow cover. Those skis don't have that much camber left, so they don't ski like they did when new. I chose to keep them around and treated them with Phantom a few years ago. I usually don't bother to put them on an airplane. Although I did take them to Alta one spring to do a direct test of Phantom vs spring wax. That trip I skied the BPs more often than my Stormriders that were freshly waxed.

I wouldn't buy skis as rock skis. But I don't have easy access to ski swaps and don't particularly like shopping for skis either. It's more that I may keep skis that I'm not using on a regular basis any more because they have some value to me, over what I could get selling them as well used skis.

ESGCO

Certified Ski Diva
Trying to get jazzed up for ski season so maybe talking about skis will make me more excited to use them?

Dynafit Beast 98/170 with ATK C-Raider 12
Atomic Backland UL 85/165 with ATK Crest 10
Salomon QST Lux 92/169 with Warden MNC (hoping to take these out on a deep day and see if they can be my one-and-done inbounds setup)
DPS Yvette 105/170 with Warden MNC (we'll see if these stick around or not!)

I like them all too much to be rock skis, so I just bike in the desert until the sharks are covered up! Either that or they're all sort of rock skis...

Elizabeth.I

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm curious as to how "rock skis" work. Are they simply skis used at the beginning and end of the season? Are they always in the car, for just in case (and in that case, do you swap out as conditions dictate)? If we're looking at cheap used skis for rock skis, should we be looking for something that's a bit heavier, or would a lighter ski work? Most of us here have just one pair of skis, and I think if we're going to add to our collection (some of us are overdue), then it seems we should either be looking to retire our current skis to "rock" status, or taking better care of the ones we're using now, and adding a rock ski to the quiver. (I didn't realize how bad my son's were until I took them in for a tune. Yikes) Dumb questions, I know, but this is an expensive sport (especially with 4 of us), and mistakes are pretty costly!
My rock skis are just my old skis. I use my ski until it loses its performance (decambered, cracked edge) then keep them and replace them with new skis. I still enjoy skiing them, they are just not in good shape after many many ski days. I'll take my good skis out once I'm confident that most of the rocks are covered.

My boyfriend did end up buying skis to be his rock skis because in the fall, he got rid of his old rock skis, as he hadn't used them for a few years, then he promptly got a core shot on his good skis which was not great. After that, he just bought some cheap demo skis from the resort and has been using them since as rock skis. He fixed the core shot and is putting the good skis away until we get a deeper base. It's been a rough start in the alberta rockies!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My rock skis are just my old skis. I use my ski until it loses its performance (decambered, cracked edge) then keep them and replace them with new skis. I still enjoy skiing them, they are just not in good shape after many many ski days. I'll take my good skis out once I'm confident that most of the rocks are covered.

My boyfriend did end up buying skis to be his rock skis because in the fall, he got rid of his old rock skis, as he hadn't used them for a few years, then he promptly got a core shot on his good skis which was not great. After that, he just bought some cheap demo skis from the resort and has been using them since as rock skis. He fixed the core shot and is putting the good skis away until we get a deeper base. It's been a rough start in the alberta rockies!
The majority of my hubby's quiver is made up of rock ski's :laughter: If there is shark lurking you can guarantee he'll find it !! He does have one pair of what he calls his "Going Out Ski's" that he uses for proper powder days and heli ski days other than that he says ski's are meant to be skied and to hell with the core shots :eek:
Our local ski shop has said on more than one occasion that they will NOT be fixing up his damaged bases as there would be no base left if they did :laughter:

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My quiver -
Atomic Century 100/164cm with dynafit speeds - my rock skis - my oldest pair and have lots of core shots
Atomic Millennium 110/169 with dynafit comforts
Black Crows Daemon Birdie 99/165 with dynafit speeds
Moment Sierras 99/172 with alpine bindings (a bought a pair of demos last year)

I have been looking at the moment sierra tours and moment bella tour. I have been leaning towards the Bella Tour to be my backcountry powder set up with possibly atk crest 10 bindings. Just can't stomach the cost yet to upgrade.

tri-ski-pucker

Diva in Training
My quiver -
Atomic Century 100/164cm with dynafit speeds - my rock skis - my oldest pair and have lots of core shots
Atomic Millennium 110/169 with dynafit comforts
Black Crows Daemon Birdie 99/165 with dynafit speeds
Moment Sierras 99/172 with alpine bindings (a bought a pair of demos last year)

I have been looking at the moment sierra tours and moment bella tour. I have been leaning towards the Bella Tour to be my backcountry powder set up with possibly atk crest 10 bindings. Just can't stomach the cost yet to upgrade.
If you demo the Bella Tour I would love to hear your thoughts on length. Similar to your quiver, I have the Moment Sierras in 172 and my other skis are in the 165-168 range.

tri-ski-pucker

Diva in Training
Would love to hear how you like the Pandora 110. They are on my list. In Jackson now. Demoing the Faction Mana 3.0 tomorrow: not a lot of 106+ underfoot to demo right now in the village
Stay tuned as I have not mounted them yet! I am torn between putting alpine or AT bindings on them since I don't have deep powder skis. Considering the Bella Tour as a second ski in my tour quiver and then using the Pandora 110 for Jackson Hole Resort, including out the gates into side country, but would love for the Pandora 110 to be my one powder ski for when we have a big dump (aka "RPK3"). Is anyone using Pandora 110 for touring?

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you demo the Bella Tour I would love to hear your thoughts on length. Similar to your quiver, I have the Moment Sierras in 172 and my other skis are in the 165-168 range.
I know a bit nervous to get a longer ski for the backcountry. Then I might not even notice. I still haven't bite the bullet.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Updated my quiver. Sold my volkl deacon 84 and replaced with stockli SR 88.

Sold my 2009 rossi S7 and replaced with the salomon blanks.

Love the blanks. Still working on the edge issues on variable soft to firm snow with the SR. Maybe a wide ling shovel to waist challenge or need more detuning...

Jilly

Staff member
@snoWYmonkey - it's the time it takes to get on edge. And for me the wear on my knees. My Hero's go on edge the minute I think about it. The SA 88's...oh tip? tipping, tipping...edge!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly