• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tecnica Cochise 105 for mostly downhill?

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
I think I've found my new perfect AT boot...It's so comfortable, and nice and beefy and tall for the mostly-downhill stuff I ski, but tech-compatible for my uphill aspirations.

The flex feels similar to my old BD Shivas (I'm advanced skier, but very lightweight, and can't do a super-firm flex), which I like.

Anyone use these boots? Or recommend any others? Thanks!

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
I wear the Cochise 105 W for everything. I love it! If I were doing a lot of big tours I would probably go for something lighter, but last season I skied it mostly in the resort and I really loved it. I do a lot of hiking (sometimes to access terrain, sometimes to drop the kids off at ski school - haha), and I really like having a boot that makes that easy, without sacrificing any downhill performance.

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks, Zoom! It sounds awesome! Does yours have an alpine sole? Looks like the most current one has a not-totally-lug sole, which worries me. I'm used to having one for hiking, just walking safely, etc...

I was looking at the Zero G, which seems to be a slightly more touring version of the Cochise, but not sure if it's different other than the sole and maybe the material (lighter)...Hmmm...

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
Yes - my Cochise 105W's have an alpine sole and that's been just fine for what I do (which at times still means hoofing it a couple miles). What bindings will you use with them? For me, I'm always switching between tech and downhill, which the Cochise is great for. The Zero G's will only work with tech and touring (ISO 9523) bindings, so that doesn't work for me - otherwise I think the Zero G looks great!

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
Awesome! I just bought the Cochise. Now a little worried because they feel pretty snug up front...but the bigger size was definitely too big. I guess they can be punched if needed...?

What size do you take in them? Thanks so much!

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
Update: I've returned the Cochise, and think I need them in bigger size (25.5). The liner was super tight in the 24.5, and the shell had about a centimeter space behind my heel, which is fairly racer-ish. Probably not good if I want to skin at all in them. Ugh.

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
Oh that's a bummer, jcat! I have the 25.0 and they are great, I actually haven't had any work done on them. I did a 5 mile tour in them the other day and they felt great. I hope you find ones that work!

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
Zoom, I just got the 24.5s (again)--I'm pretty sure I can make them work, with some help.

Are yours the 25.5s? I think they only come in the .5 sizes...? And, what size foot do you have in street shoes? Just curious! Mine arrive tomorrow. Really, really hope they work out!!

zoomamyd

Angel Diva
I'll check my boots when I get home! :-)

For street shoes it totally depends on the brand and what I'm using them for - anything from a 9 to a 10. New Balance trail running shoes are a 10 I believe. Sorel boots for around town are 9.5.

jcat

Certified Ski Diva
Ah, ok, thanks for that! Sounds like my foot is half size or full size smaller. Maybe the 24.5 will work with some punching/stretching!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna