• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos Ski Week in 2020, what week fits in your schedule better?

marzNC

Angel Diva
The price is up for the Mountain Guide option at TSV. Reminds me of the Adult Mountain Workshop in the afternoons at Alta. Except the advanced/expert terrain is only available in the mornings at Taos. Since it's Max 4, that's not bad for $75 for 2.5 hours. An intermediate doing a Ski Week who wants to ski with an instructor after lunch can do Green/Blue starting at 1:00.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 9.33.59 PM.png

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The price is up for the Mountain Guide option at TSV. Reminds me of the Adult Mountain Workshop in the afternoons at Alta. Except the advanced/expert terrain is only available in the mornings at Taos. Since it's Max 4, that's not bad for $75 for 2.5 hours. An intermediate doing a Ski Week who wants to ski with an instructor after lunch can do Green/Blue starting at 1:00.

View attachment 11228
Reminds me of the Whistler's MAX4 group lessons that are all day long also, and similar in price, I think this past year was about $200 USD which is very reasonable for an all day lesson/tour in Whistler.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Talked to Taos Transportation (yes a real person answered the phone) and asked if the 7:00 AM shuttle from TSV would work for 11:55 am flight out of ABQ. Was told yes there is plenty of time. Good to know as not great options from ABQ to the West Coast on Southwest unless I want 7+ hours and two stopovers. My flight from SJC (San Jose) to ABQ non stop is only 2 1/4 hours.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Now that getskitickets has prices for Taos 2019-20, it's possible to see what the prices are for a single day or the multi-day options that all allow for a skip day. For instance the 5 day ticket is good 5 out of 6 days. Price is $428 for 6 of 7 days starting on the first two Sundays in Feb., with only 15 available as of Sep.

Useful to know the comparison to buying a Taos season pass or Ikon or MCP during Early Bird sales.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.08.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.08.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.09.30 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Unfortunately my favorite lodging at TSV won't be available after Nov 2019. The Columbine Inn is being sold to TSV, which is going to use it for staff housing. The business negotiations only recently reached the stage that they could notify everyone with a reservation for 2019-20. Now it makes sense that they weren't going to ask for a deposit until after 10/31/19.

Luckily the Austing Haus next door was completely renovated by the new owner in 2018. So it was relatively easy for my friends and I who had reservations at Columbine to switch to the Austing Haus for our upcoming Ski Week. Prices are a little higher but the rooms are a bit nicer. We were planning on walking over for dinner, so now it will be that much easier when we don't feel like driving somewhere for dinner. I set up a group dinner at Austing Haus last Feb for Divas and friends and the food was quite good.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately my favorite lodging at TSV won't be available after Nov 2019. The Columbine Inn is being sold to TSV, which is going to use it for staff housing. The business negotiations only recently reached the stage that they could notify everyone with a reservation for 2019-20. Now it makes sense that they weren't going to ask for a deposit until after 10/31/19.

Luckily the Austing Haus next door was completely renovated by the new owner in 2018. So it was relatively easy for my friends and I who had reservations at Columbine to switch to the Austing Haus for our upcoming Ski Week. Prices are a little higher but the rooms are a bit nicer. We were planning on walking over for dinner, so now it will be that much easier when we don't feel like driving somewhere for dinner. I set up a group dinner at Austing Haus last Feb for Divas and friends and the food was quite good.

WOW....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Glad everyone was able to get accommodations next door to Columbine..... I'm staying at TSV so am good!

marzNC

Angel Diva
When I talked with Susie on the phone, she noted that she and Paul will stay on for a bit to help with the conversion process. I'm hoping we'll get to ski with them since they won't be nearly as busy. I can understand why they were interested in working out a deal.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
When I talked with Susie on the phone, she noted that she and Paul will stay on for a bit to help with the conversion process. I'm hoping we'll get to ski with them since they won't be nearly as busy. I can understand why they were interested in working out a deal.
They were so nice and that breakfast was wonderful every morning. Even at that early hour!!!!!!!!

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My golf buddy has a yearly trip to the Columbine Inn in September with her music group. They have been going for years. I just shared the news with her and she is sad to know her group won’t be able to return anymore, but happy for the owners.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For those headed to Taos in the next few months who are using Ikon, have heard that Ikon passes are direct-to-lift this season. Certainly will be much more convenient!

marzNC

Angel Diva
TSV continues hand scanning passes and lift tickets. For Ikon passes, some have to be re-printed but it's a quite process and doesn't require doing any more paperwork. All the hosts in blue jackets know what the Ikon cards look like that need to be redone. Gets done at the Season Pass office in the blue & white building.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The pass fiasco sounds similar to what I have run into with Loveland's season pass. My pass scans fine at the lift. It fails when swiped at any of the cash registers -- and creates a backlog of customers. Staff expressed frustration with the pass office for making their jobs harder. I took it to the pass office for a replacement and they noticed that the blank had been loaded into the printer backwards.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Women's Ski Week starting in Looking Glass this morning, without a ski off. But it sounds like there will be more than one group that needs re-arranging on Monday morning. That happens with regular Ski Weeks too.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For a discussion about Ski Week by Divas who did one in 2020, check out the latter part of the trip report for early Feb, starting at Post #52. Note that some Divas did the Women's Ski Week while others did a regular Ski Week or a Request Ski Week. The format is the same in terms of the number of morning lessons, but the set up is different. A Request Ski Week is pretty much the same price for four people and a little less for five people.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/tr-taos-feb-1-7-2020.24581/page-3#post-403629

marzNC

Angel Diva
Doesn't quite go here, but thought it might be helpful for intermediates who find this thread in the future to know that a Taos Ski Week is for any ability level, not just skiers who want to learn how to deal with bigger bumps and/or tree skiing. TSV isn't a huge place but it has good variety in terrain. @Ski Sine Fine did her first Ski Week in Jan 2020. She's been taking lessons elsewhere as well.

I was “flowing” by the end at Taos, a direct benefit of the Ski Week. There are greens all over the mountain. The instructor took us everywhere — Whitefeather, Honeysuckle, Bonanza, Jess’s Run, Lower Totemoff, Rubezahl, Whitefeather Bowl, Winkelreid, Easy Trip — these are all greens. Then we moved to the easy blues — Upper & Middle Whitefeather, Powderhorn Gully, Bambi, Powderhorn, Shalako, Upper Powderhorn, Upper Patton, Mucho Gusto, and Lower Stauffenberg (a little icy). Though all greens and easy blues, they are varied enough in both terrain and steepness that they don’t ski like clones of each other. There are a fair bit of mild traverses, but I never had to pole (phantom helped too). I’m looking forward to going back next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly